Please can someone help with Richard Keogh

lmorris

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they don't pay us to watch them.

If I were to send a S.A.E to Barcelona asking for Messi's signature, would you expect the club to request that he signs it?

That said signature could then be sold on any auction website for a tidy profit.

You see where I'm going with this?

If kids want the players signatures, they should do what I did when I was a kid. Put yourself in a position whereby you can ask the player in person. Opportunities may not present themselves very often but that is the reason why a players signature is so sought after when you're a young supporter.

If I were to send a S.A.E to Barcelona asking for Messi's signature, would you expect the club to request that he signs it?

That said signature could then be sold on any auction website for a tidy profit.

If kids want the players signatures, they should do what I did when I was a kid. Put yourself in a position whereby you can ask the player in person. Opportunities may not present themselves very often but that is the reason why a players signature is so sought after when you're a young supporter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lionel-Messi-Barcelona-Hand-Signed-Card-High-Quality-7-x-5-Photo-/281056464838

Has no bids at 2.99, now divide that by 100 and you will get the rough value of keoghs signature, at best ;-)

So no I don't see where your coming from sorry.

[url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lionel-Messi-Barcelona-Hand-Signed-Card-High-Quality-7-x-5-Photo-/281056464838]http://www.ebay.co.u...o-/281056464838

Has no bids at 2.99, now divide that by 100 and you will get the rough value of keoghs signature, at best ;-)

So no I don't see where your coming from sorry.

The auction still has over a day to go and it doesn't cost 2.99 for a S.A.E.

If the cost was 1.99 then the bids would be flooding in.

You see where I'm coming from?

It's a lot to ask if you're receiving 20~30 a day.

The buck has to stop somewhere.

Surely that is part of the job description for a position which pays c£5,000 per week.

IMHO it is no great hardship.

A long time ago I worked in a factory signing off batches. I had to give my autograph around 300 times a day. I got paid £100 a week (which is probably the equivelant of £250 now). Some how, I managed to survive such a challenge.

Really?!

Why should clubs pander to every individual want from fans.

If that were the case, every Tom, Dick and Harry would be sending in their envelopes asking for the same thing.

Maybe fans should remember when players are appealling for them to turn up for testimonials, after all, why should fans add to the coffers of players that have made a very good living out of the game ?

The auction still has over a day to go and it doesn't cost 2.99 for a S.A.E.

If the cost was 1.99 then the bids would be flooding in.

You see where I'm coming from?

Still can't, the cost for a letter to and from Spain is more than 2.99 :-)

messi? Barcelona? I'm talking about asking our local club for a scribble on a piece of paper while he's in the reception.

Not some world famous mega club with image righted players an all that ******.

I don't see where you're going, no.

The little autograph books from the Ramtique we're an essential part of every 12 year old's matchday experience outside the main entrance on Shaftesbury Crescent............ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

TobyWanKenobi

Hi guys, I'm new here, but had to sign up to add my tuppence.

When I was a kid, I spent many a day writing to plenty of teams, and mainly the Rams, requesting the autographs of players. I was just a poor boy and mum and dad could never afford football tickets.

Luckily though, Derby and most teams, were very helpful in fulfilling my requests for autographs, especially for a young fan. I have long since stopped, now I am a proper grown up and can fund my own trips to Pride Park.

Thought I would use my first post to share with you some of the goodies that I got from simply writing a nice letter to my heroes, and the odd zero;

VtCmoau One of my favourites. 'A big hello' made little me smile. I sent him a trading card to sign, he sent me this 8x5 photo back, along with the trading card, which he also signed. Sadly he folded it into the SAE that I sent, but I'll forgive him.

0hstoPl How can any of us ever forget this guy? He was more than happy to write back, despite only being in the country a short while...

1WKmbjR It's not just our 'little' Derby County that realise that fans are important to the club.

STMA99L It's not just footballers either...

4wmgOFV?1 I also found it important as a kid, to write to non players, who did more than their fair share for the club and thank them. They always seemed pleased.

It's certainly not something my generation started though. My dad also loved writing letters when he was younger, he preffered complains though: suUEfa9 In a time when managers did more than manage footballers.

Hi guys, I'm new here, but had to sign up to add my tuppence.

When I was a kid, I spent many a day writing to plenty of teams, and mainly the Rams, requesting the autographs of players. I was just a poor boy and mum and dad could never afford football tickets.

Luckily though, Derby and most teams, were very helpful in fulfilling my requests for autographs, especially for a young fan. I have long since stopped, now I am a proper grown up and can fund my own trips to Pride Park.

Thought I would use my first post to share with you some of the goodies that I got from simply writing a nice letter to my heroes, and the odd zero;

VtCmoau One of my favourites. 'A big hello' made little me smile. I sent him a trading card to sign, he sent me this 8x5 photo back, along with the trading card, which he also signed. Sadly he folded it into the SAE that I sent, but I'll forgive him.

0hstoPl How can any of us ever forget this guy? He was more than happy to write back, despite only being in the country a short while...

1WKmbjR It's not just our 'little' Derby County that realise that fans are important to the club.

STMA99L It's not just footballers either...

4wmgOFV?1 I also found it important as a kid, to write to non players, who did more than their fair share for the club and thank them. They always seemed pleased.

It's certainly not something my generation started though. My dad also loved writing letters when he was younger, he preffered complains though: suUEfa9 In a time when managers did more than manage footballers.

fantastic! Loved the Lionel, and Cloughy one. Well done.

Archived