The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to that site Wigan doubled their money on Sammon when they sold him to us,bet they are still laughing now

Well, probably not now as they're getting smashed by Liverpool. ;)

They may well face old Sammo next season. 

So we blow a whole years transfer budget on a striker who can't hit a barn door if he was standing inside

but hey he runs around like a headless chicken and really puts himself about.But after all hes the managers

blue-eyed boy and our manager can do no wrong can he.

If someone thinks booing is right then I'm afraid they are past the point of considering "change".

Intelligence levels must be pretty low already and if that's the case no amount of reason will get through.

I'm not looking for a more interesting life, I just want my teams players to be able to play at home without getting crucified.

I wonder how Connor Sammon is feeling this morning after the reaction he got yesterday. Still glad he came to Derby with it's "wonderful" support?

Really can not agree with booing our own its pretty low, but if one of the outcomes is Sammon leaves Derby for fresh waters, then the saying every cloud has a silver lining will be proved bob on.... :mellow:...Also wonder how a lot of Derby fans feel the morning after watching him play...really glad he came?????

TBH there were a lot of oldies around me.

I guess you can't expect a huge collective booing from them?

"http://s019.radikal.ru/i640/1303/15/fc35c3b145b2" alt="fc35c3b145b2">

Nothing i can say about yesterday`s atmosphere cos i have nothing to compare with.

It was my first ever Pride Park visit. Despite us losing i`ve enjoyed every moment of it. £450 well spent if you ask me.

Waited this moment for 15 years.

I knew ticket prices had gone up but that's ridiculous! Glad you enjoyed yourself mate.

What is this £1.2m figure being bashed around about? The DET mentioned that figure and then the whole world took it as Gospel. I've heard several times now that the figure is significantly less than that.

It was 1.2million exactly.Frightening isn't it.Oh by the way you owe John Clement an apology.Do it and show some

contriteness or else I will post it up on every thread.

Just so long as his chi-squared distribution demonstrates the degree of unfunny snarkyness included in pretty well all of your general comments, then it's all good.

Sorry mate looks like Al has deserted the sinking ship or else his planet has been invaded and hes designing a pie chart

to defeat them.

top 6 finish, on 03 Mar 2013 - 02:09, said:

It was 1.2million exactly.Frightening isn't it.Oh by the way you owe John Clement an apology.Do it and show some

contriteness or else I will post it up on every thread.

How do you know it was 1.2 million? Please show me anywhere where the figure has been described as anything other than "believed to be" 1.2million or something to that effect. You don't know the price. Even though it would suit you for it to be that price.

I don't owe John Clement an apology. He's still wrong. Sammon's obviously not a good player, and I never said he was, but you can communicate that opinion without going over the top. And even so, it was just one game after that. If Sammon scores a hat-trick the game after, who owes who an apology then?

I'm refusing to apologise despite being terrified to the pit of my stomach over the prospect of you "posting it up" on every thread. I wonder who will come off worse out of that.

Are you an adult? There are people who post on this site who aren't even old enough to buy cigarettes who post more maturely than you do, which has led me to ask the question.

Sorry mate looks like Al has deserted the sinking ship or else his planet has been invaded and hes designing a pie chart

to defeat them.

More like I haven't had a chance to watch the match on RamsPlayer, it's not even up yet. I don't tend to pass judgement on something I haven't seen. My word though, having a look through the last few pages, you'd think he had the worst couple of performances we've ever seen from a Derby player with the way people are talking.

How do you know it was 1.2 million? Please show me anywhere where the figure has been described as anything other than "believed to be" 1.2million or something to that effect. You don't know the price. Even though it would suit you for it to be that price.

I don't owe John Clement an apology. He's still wrong. Sammon's obviously not a good player, and I never said he was, but you can communicate that opinion without going over the top. And even so, it was just one game after that. If Sammon scores a hat-trick the game after, who owes who an apology then?

I'm refusing to apologise despite being terrified to the pit of my stomach over the prospect of you "posting it up" on every thread. I wonder who will come off worse out of that.

Are you an adult? There are people who post on this site who aren't even old enough to buy cigarettes who post more maturely than you do, which has led me to ask the question.

Duracell, here you go. This should end the argument about how much Derby paid for Sammon.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Sammon-strike-showed-paid-pound-1-2m-Wigan-says/story-16813060-detail/story.html#axzz2MSZE4LA0

Duracell, here you go. This should end the argument about how much Derby paid for Sammon.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Sammon-strike-showed-paid-pound-1-2m-Wigan-says/story-16813060-detail/story.html#axzz2MSZE4LA0

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick, but nowhere in that article does it offer a source for the £1.2 mil fee. Garner doesn't actually even mention the fee, the only mention of it is the first line, which has nothing to do with anything.

Keep looking Davey.

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick, but nowhere in that article does it offer a source for the £1.2 mil fee. Garner doesn't actually even mention the fee, the only mention of it is the first line, which has nothing to do with anything.Keep looking Davey.

This is the 1st line of the article.

CONOR Sammon showed in the victory over Watford why Derby County splashed out £1.2m to sign him, says coach Andy Garner.

The assistant manager has clearly confirmed the fee.

This is the 1st line of the article.

CONOR Sammon showed in the victory over Watford why Derby County splashed out £1.2m to sign him, says coach Andy Garner.

The assistant manager has clearly confirmed the fee.

There is no quote saying that though, and I get the impression from reading the article that it was more of case of them taking him saying "look, he's pretty good" to mean "he was worth the money". In such a case that's a tacked on figure, at no point is there Gardner responding to that or him saying that from what's in the article, at least from what I can see. Without a quote directly from Gardner, Clough or such this article says nothing new and is not confirmation.

Clearly nothing has been confirmed at all.

How do you know it was 1.2 million? Please show me anywhere where the figure has been described as anything other than "believed to be" 1.2million or something to that effect. You don't know the price.

But you clearly think you do, given your earlier post, so lets hear it and what you have to back it up.

As I said before, that figure has been all over the media and has never been refuted to my knowledge. Papers, tv, radio etc are usually given guidance by clubs and agents so its not likely to be something plucked out of the air. But you clearly seem to know something no one else does, so do share.

If your only argument is 'how do you know it's 1.2m, I'd be tempted to ask 'how do you know it's not'?

But you clearly think you do, given your earlier post, so lets hear it and what you have to back it up.

As I said before, that figure has been all over the media and has never been refuted to my knowledge. Papers, tv, radio etc are usually given guidance by clubs and agents so its not likely to be something plucked out of the air. But you clearly seem to know something no one else does, so do share.

If your only argument is 'how do you know it's 1.2m, I'd be tempted to ask 'how do you know it's not'?

noone knows for sure except the clubs, player and agents.

neither side of this argument can win.

The fact that kilmarnock were expecting a six figure bonus from their sell on clause indicates that it can't be far off £1.2m surely.

Hi all, first post here. I actually vaguely know Conor through an ex team mate that used to play with him (unsure whether I should mention his name - can do so in PM if anyone is interested). So it was a bit of a buzz when he actually moved to Derby for me personally. Going to try and give an honest an insight as I can from the background things I've been told.

One of my best friends in Dublin is a close mate this player (a centre back at UCD when Sammon was there). I met the player a few times, attended an Irish match alongside him, etc... but my friend is in regular contact with him and my friend would have known a few of the UCD players, Sammon included. This player is an intelligent fella, not bitter in any way and seems quite happy for Conor that he made it over to Britain. But he really can't believe he is carving a career for himself and at one time was playing in the Premiership. Few of us had novelty bets that he would or wouldn't score for Wigan last season. I had a tenner he would get at least one goal... missed a sitter in Wigan's last game of the season in May!

At UCD, he was ordinary and this guy always stopped before describing him as 'crap' or '****' but he was 'not good enough for UCD' - this from someone who trained with him day in day out and the general feeling is he fluked his way into England. The first time I heard his name come up was when he went to Scotland and even then few of the lads were surprised he made that leap. One positive I've heard about him is his ambition and drive is very much there. But it didn't feel like a loss to see him go to Derry City when he did and Sammon was easily replaced. Also, he found it hard to be first choice at Derry in case some of you didn't know. 

Posted a link to show I am a genuine Irishman and a genuine Derby fan haha as I know first time posters can be slated and doubted http://postimage.org/image/qbg8ej2nr/ None of what I said is much of a revelation I suppose but maybe interesting for Derby fans to hear a little on his background. League of Ireland is League One at best so I suppose that goes along with most of your opinions on what his level is.

Archived