Is the season now over?

Boycie

I disagree.

Theo and Bennett will comfortably fill the gap left by tyson. Also the emergence of Jacobs will help as a second striker. Also ward returning from injury is a new signing in my eyes. And as I have said before if we pick up 9 points or more from the next 4 games there is still a chance. Not to mention the cup game. That's just my thoughts, fair enough if you think the season is gone I can't change your opinion.

Think he got confused.

What he really meant to say was we need a new vacuum now the Dysons gone.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree.

Theo and Bennett will comfortably fill the gap left by tyson. Also the emergence of Jacobs will help as a second striker. Also ward returning from injury is a new signing in my eyes. And as I have said before if we pick up 9 points or more from the next 4 games there is still a chance. Not to mention the cup game. That's just my thoughts, fair enough if you think the season is gone I can't change your opinion.

I second that!!

The season was over a long time ago, yesterday's game was a highlight in the calendar that proved to be a damp squid.

However some fans feel a good season is beating last years points total or position, they are happy finishing the 30th best team in the country, which is fair enough. We haven't got or willing to spend the funds to compete, our manager sets us up to not lose rather than win at the risk of losing, we haven't beaten a club from the top league under cloughs tenure (I don't think?), and we are in the middle of a transfer window where we expect one or more of our best players to be sold from under us, all IMO only of course.....

Hold on didn't we beat Man United 1-0 under clough?

Kris Commons' fierce strike gave Derby County a shock win in the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final against a lethargic Manchester United side.

In front of new boss Nigel Clough, who takes charge on Thursday, Derby made a bright start and took the lead when Commons fired home after 30 minutes.

You were right. But i'm still counting it as he was there.

> Kris Commons' fierce strike gave Derby County a shock win in the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final against a lethargic Manchester United side.

> In front of new boss Nigel Clough, who takes charge on Thursday, Derby made a bright start and took the lead when Commons fired home after 30 minutes.

You were right. But i'm still counting it as he was there.

Can all the fans who were there count themselves as being in charge too?

The only way I see us making the play offs now is if Middlesbrough and Watford both have a bad run. Any team down to Blackburn in 14th has a chance but would have to go on a winning streak at some point between now and the end of the season. 4-5 wins in a row and who knows. If Derby win 50% of their remaining matches we would finish on 65 points, which is not enough. I see the 6th placed team finishing on 72 points, Cardiff winning the league with Leicester and Palace fighting for 2nd.

The only way I see us making the play offs now is if Middlesbrough and Watford both have a bad run. Any team down to Blackburn in 14th has a chance but would have to go on a winning streak at some point between now and the end of the season. 4-5 wins in a row and who knows. If Derby win 50% of their remaining matches we would finish on 65 points, which is not enough. I see the 6th placed team finishing on 72 points, Cardiff winning the league with Leicester and Palace fighting for 2nd.

Palace seem to be finding their level in terms of quality - bottom half in form, and their fans aren't to confident about a top 6 finish.

Millwall are another team that won't be in the top 6, again finding their feet.

Leicester and Cardiff will be top 2 IMO.

Hull, Middlesborough, Brighton and Burnley to fill the top 6 for me.

Not many good teams up there to be honest, although Watford are doing well - they're a questionable side, Millwall and Palace too, and us Forest, Leeds and Charlton should be no-where near the play-offs as we're all lacking in quality but we're remain up there in with a chance.

Forest fans think their performance on saturday proves they'll be in the play-offs come may... if that is the standard then bugger me till i'm blue!

No, it isn't over by a long way yet - for anyone.

21st Jan last year Reading were 8th place on 42 points from 27 games.

We were 11th place on 41 points from 27 games.

They went on to win 15 and losing just 2 of the remaining 19 games and finished top on 89 points,

I'm not saying we could do the same - current form says not - but it shows almost anything is possible.

Archived