Michael Appleton to Blackburn Rovers?

CumbrianRam

Blackburn Rovers have approached Blackpool for permission to speak to Tangerines boss Michael Appleton about the managerial vacancy at Ewood Park.

Rovers sacked Henning Berg on 27 December but have won their last three games under caretaker Gary Bowyer.

Appleton, 37, only joined Blackpool from Portsmouth in November as a replacement for Ian Holloway.

Rovers managing director Derek Shaw said: "He is the only candidate we have approached."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20967683

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of managers...

Pep Guardiola met Sir Alex Ferguson in New York recently. Pep was asked if he wanted to follow in the footsteps of the man responsible for the trophy laden years at Old Trafford. Sir Alex was a bit peeved when pep replied he had no intention of becoming a ref...........

[size=4]I've just seen the details...

Meanwhile, global advisor Shebby Singh has revealed to BBC Radio Lancashire that the club want their next manager to accept a short-term contract.

The deal will then be extended if the new boss meets their specified targets.[/size]

[size=4]Talk about pressure![/size]

Why in God's name do clubs keep allowing folk to talk to their managers? Either there's good compo involved here (Blackburn are likely to pay stupid fee's, based on previous evidence) or Karl Oyston doesn't like Mr Appleton as much as he thought he would and has decided to cut his losses.

Still, good riddance if he does go, a club brings you from a situation like Pompey and you bugger off to Blackburn within a few months for a few extra quid a week. How kind.

After granting my wish and having Forest sign Big Eck, I would now like to ask Santa to send Shebby Singh to Forest, I know it is a bit late being January and all but pleasse!!!! I really think they really need him.

Oh and Rob Green as keeper on 50k a week would be nice as well.

Archived