Michael Jacobs

cob66

Hi all, Cobblers fan Here.

I see Jacobs scored for you today and was wondering how he was getting on for you lot.

He looked good in L2 but has he made the step up to championship OK?

Good luck for the rest of the season

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And before today?

Not looked out of place. We've seen him struggle at times but not to the point where you'd say he's looked like a lower league player.

He's a promising talent. Will he go on to fill Kris Commons boots?

And before today?

Not looked out of place. We've seen him struggle at times but not to the point where you'd say he's looked like a lower league player.

He's a promising talent. Will he go on to fill Kris Commons boots?

No, he's slim, not mardy and tries his socks off in every game, not just the ones that he can be bothered to.

Jacobs is a bit raw, but shows every sign of someone who will be excellent at this level and maybe capable of playing at a higher one - superb signing

Hi all, Cobblers fan Here.

I see Jacobs scored for you today and was wondering how he was getting on for you lot.

He looked good in L2 but has he made the step up to championship OK?

Good luck for the rest of the season

I'd say he's been quite inconsistent but every time he's been on the pitch, he's looked at the very least one of our most dangerous players. The fact he's jumped up 2 leagues and still plays well is incredible to be honest and I've no doubt he'll improve the more he plays.

Good to see you guys playing well as well, I've got a lot of time for Northampton Town 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

He's settled in well.. Played in a couple of positions and hasn't looked out of place..

I'm sure he'll go on to be a settled competitve NPC attacking player in the future.. A similar career to Micheal McIndoe maybe.. A few different clubs at this level..

in the games you've seen, and he's been in, you mean.

Very good player.

Negatives - When on the left side, lets too many crosses come in, but he's only started what, 8-9 games for us, that'll stop with experience.

Positives - Likes to attack players and seems to beat his man 8/10 which is always great to see, and looks an all round quality Championship player, he also has had a few near chances from range and the goals he's scored this year, 1 at Burton (Pre-season) was fantastic, his goal vs Hull was probably one of the goals of the season for us (so far) and his goal today was a top finish.

Hope he can keep going at ST, as I think that's where he's best.

I like his directness. Doesn't always get past a man, some games he'll fail all afternoon but it doesn't put him off one bit. Gets the ball, head down and he has a go.

Always looking to make something happen.

Looked good as a sub earlier on in the season and has had more good games than bad since starting.

Lots to improve on, set pieces especially but definitely good enough for this division.

Me....

Honestly I did. I liked what I heard but I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he has been.

Yeah there were a few of us that thought he would be, but we had a Town fan on here raving about him didn't we.

But then again, we also thought Lee Croft was an excellent signing 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Yeah there were a few of us that thought he would be, but we had a Town fan on here raving about him didn't we.

But then again, we also thought Lee Croft was an excellent signing 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Without sounding like a *****...I didn't....

I never trust a free transfer especially from a recently relageted side, didn't think he'd be that good.

I was right 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

He's settled in well.. Played in a couple of positions and hasn't looked out of place..

I'm sure he'll go on to be a settled competitve NPC attacking player in the future.. A similar career to Micheal McIndoe maybe.. A few different clubs at this level..

Bris are you feeling alright that post is almost pro -derby haha

Archived