Charlton Athletic v Derby County

Day

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After today, I've realised we need a striker now more than ever. I'm not one to criticise normally but the combination of Sammon, Theo & Tyson isn't good enough. We need to stump up some money (even if it means selling Hughes/Brayford), especially if it means we can buy a Matty Fryatt/Billy Sharp type player. Goals win games, not possession and chances.

Also, what exactly did Theo do when Wardy took the penalty? A few of you are saying he was "petulant" but what does that entail?

I thought we were quite good first half, kept it well and created a few decent openings. They looked dog **** first half, scored a wonder goal and had a one on one that they perhaps should have scored but offered nothing else all half.

Then second half we didnt really do much till the penno, not sure how their lad missed when he hit the bar. From where i was, looked about 5 yards out with an empty net to put it in to.

I disagree in a way about the last 20 minutes, we really should have won the game but totally ran out of ideas by the end. The complexity of our tactics was to get it wide and lump the ball in the box, which pretty much played into their hands despite a few scares on their part.

After today, I've realised we need a striker now more than ever. I'm not one to criticise normally but the combination of Sammon, Theo & Tyson isn't good enough. We need to stump up some money (even if it means selling Hughes/Brayford), especially if it means we can buy a Matty Fryatt/Billy Sharp type player. Goals win games, not possession and chances.

Also, what exactly did Theo do when Wardy took the penalty? A few of you are saying he was "petulant" but what does that entail?

He wanted to take the penalty and Roberts was pulling him away so Ward could take it. He had a bit of an argument with Ward and Roberts.

would love a new striker but we always do. Its the defence that worry me every single game. I went to the game today and charlton looked dangerous on the counter and were beating players like O'Conner and Roberts every single time. we 100% need to invest in our defence. Haynes goal today was a brilliant strike, but if he was closed down instead of being able to turn and have so much space to turn he wouldnt have got into that position.

Archived