Red dog game-fingers crossed this time!

MuespachRam

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very slow on gritted roads around Derby. ie A6. Un gritted really bad. EM Airport having problems. Yet match still on ?

I have just driven home from work and it's very slow on main roads. When I turned off the main road I barely made it up the hill to my house and was moving sideways more than forwards!

As it stands, I'll be walking to Derby tomorrow, and will take the majority of fans a fair bit of effort to get there.

We're in the hands of the weather Gods in my opinion...let's see how things look in the morning!

Very slow on gritted roads around Derby. ie A6. Un gritted really bad. EM Airport having problems. Yet match still on ?

Cars can go slow on roads with snow and slush on

Planes cant take off on runways with snow or slush on them - they have to suspend flights while the runway is completely cleared.

Delays are also caused because ice forms on wings when the planes are waiting to go and they have to be deiced again.

Its a complicated process and very possible that an airport could have problems yet a football match be played

Correct . Just slid home down A6 and barely made it on to the driveway at home. The issue is not the playing surface or surrounding areas immediate to Pride Park . The issue is people getting to Pride Park for early kick off tomorrow after it freezes overnight..

for me and my son the first problem is going to be getting out of Leeds. I'll worry about PP when i get there!!

Cars can go slow on roads with snow and slush on

Planes cant take off on runways with snow or slush on them - they have to suspend flights while the runway is completely cleared.

Delays are also caused because ice forms on wings when the planes are waiting to go and they have to be deiced again.

Its a complicated process and very possible that an airport could have problems yet a football match be played

the busby babes died as a result of this didn't they?

the busby babes died as a result of this didn't they?

yep, initially it was blamed on the pilot but he always said he did everything by the book. He led an investigation into the effects if slush and aquaplaning on takeoff and he was cleared of wrongdoing

like all tragedies Munich led to lessons being learned and things being made safer. Until it happened noone really understood how dangerous slush was on takeoff

If you skid remember steer into a skid. ie if your back ends skidding left then turn left to correct skid initially then straighten up

Cheers Curtains(!!!? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> ) I've always known that saying but in over 40 years' driving no-one has ever told me what it means!

Saves me the cost of a white knuckle skidpan drive. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I've been careful walking, still managed to go flat on me back on me way to work. Sometimes i think i'm too cautious and me legs go rigid when im trying to walk. Roads may be clear, downhill paths are bloody horrible.

Yep, ta. I'll live, just a bit winded but old people live where the path is and i don't think they'd be as lucky as me. Steep path, no grit, treacherous for them.

Archived