Igors unfinished business?

eranio20

Long time lurker.

I've heard several interviews with stimac and in each one he has said he has unfinished business at the club. What does he mean by this? Will he comeback and manage here or buy a share? He's currently the national teams manager, so no better way to gain managerial experience.

A mate of mine met igor about a month ago, he asked if he still pays attention to dcfc results etc and he replied "yes, I will always be supporting them and I'll be back there one way or another you'll see".

Is he really that loaded he can buy the club? I highly doubt it. Maybe he is saving himself for the managers job, but again he's managing the national side and would be a step down coming here...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see him back in some capacity at our club. Weither that be as manager or share holder or even owner if he could afford it. Think he has the passion to do things and would be a great asset to our club.

He always says he has unfinished business with our club as i have also heard this a few times aswell...think the last time was when he was back at PPS not sure what for, might have been a testimonial for a player, but not sure and think Colin Gibson was doing the interview and he said to him he had unfinished buiness at the club because he knows how much the fans love him.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if he did come back, would he do great and take us back to the Prem or would he just be another ex hero player and fail big time?

Wouldn't like to see a former manager as owner-the temptation to meddle might prove too much.Suspect he's talking about management.Wouldn't like to see him as manager either.We've had some great past players taking this route before and slightly tarnishing fond memories.He was a great player for us and I'd like to be able to keep just those memories.

Roy McFarland, Colin Todd, John Gregory & must be more than that from before my time as well, would definitely be a shame if Igor took over and flopped. Having said that, Nigel is here for another 10+yrs yet anyway. Like JW said, he'll turn up for the final Champions League push with Ballon d'Or winner Will Hughes, and 87 goals per calender year Mason Bennett both in the prime of life.

For some reason I have it in my head that Eranio would be a class manager....

Agree with you ramblur, then again if he takes Croatia places....

I'd agree on Eranio.On Igor,club and international management are different animals.If he were to show that he could do remarkable things with a club in a similar position to us,then I might change my mind.

Thinking of Roy Mac,he was doing good things at Bradford before Peter brought him on board.I always wondered at the time how much his success at Bradford was down to the fact that he was playing himself.Even when crocked,he was class at that level.

Roy McFarland, Colin Todd, John Gregory & must be more than that from before my time as well, would definitely be a shame if Igor took over and flopped. Having said that, Nigel is here for another 10+yrs yet anyway. Like JW said, he'll turn up for the final Champions League push with Ballon d'Or winner Will Hughes, and 87 goals per calender year Mason Bennett both in the prime of life.

The Scottish legend was a success,although he did inherit something rather special.I always remember Tim Ward as a success,when measured against what he had to work with.Imagine if the board had allowed him to sign a young Colin Bell (and heaven knows how many others he might have been knocked back on).

Yes think Eranio would be world class or even better Eranio and Igor....

The problem with Stefano Eranio is that his only experience is running the 15 year olds at Milan. I would hate to see him fail here as he is such a nice guy and true gentleman.

Asanovic was linked to the managers job prior to clough taking the helm. Think he would have been a good appointment, he's currently billics assistant At Moscow.

heard when he was at Derby he un settled the dressing room, never wanted to train with the other players allways thought he was better than the rest and only talked to igor and Jim.

He only talked to Igor because he never got to grips with English. The rest of what you have written is 'I heard' cobblers. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Did you ever watch him do his warm ups before a game?????? he did them on his own because he was an arrogant ******* and was only at Derby for the money he was getting, trust me, no love for Derby or his fellow players whats so ever....no cobblers here, but you might find some around Derby Guildhall 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' />

Archived