Igors unfinished business?

eranio20

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of clubs are a great deal more cosmopolitan than Derby will ever be.

Unless there is some long-term grievance, most former Rams are well received back on the field of play.

Compare that to the travelling Man City fans who did nothing at the BBG but chant "City Reject!" at the great Francis Lee, arguably one of their most legendary players. He responded by scoring the winning goal for Derby that day. :D

I remember the commentary well. Francis Lee..... interesting........... very interesting!!!!!! as the ball hit the top corner of the City net.

"look at his face"......"look at his face"!!!Barrie Davis=legend.

Give me Igor anyday of the week.

He's lacks the managerial experience, but he makes up for it with his charisma, passion and I'm pretty certain he will have some damn fine contacts throughout the globe.

So you would want someone in to manage based on their personality and contacts? That is as daft as the poster who said he would want Eranio in (who last time I heard was looking after the U16's at Milan). I am a huge fan of both of those guys but they are not what we need.

Aye why not? He as the passion and drive to succeed.

You only have to look his Facebook comments to see He still holds the club in high regard.

And give me a coach in the mold of Eranio anyday of the week. Someone who is working with the best young players in the world and learnt his trade for the past seven years. He must be doing something right, because Milan have had a complete revamp of players and staff over the years and Eranio is still on board.

And I'm certain with Igor being the national team coach he'd have contacts throughout Europe; players, scouts, staff ETC. surely that's only a good thing if He were ever to grace the club again.

Aye why not? He as the passion and drive to succeed.

You only have to look his Facebook comments to see He still holds the club in high regard.

And give me a coach in the mold of Eranio anyday of the week. Someone who is working with the best young players in the world and learnt his trade for the past seven years. He must be doing something right, because Milan have had a complete revamp of players and staff over the years and Eranio is still on board.

And I'm certain with Igor being the national team coach he'd have contacts throughout Europe; players, scouts, staff ETC. surely that's only a good thing if He were ever to grace the club again.

Milan certainly do not have anythign like the best young players in the world......not even close.

I have no idea how well Eranio is doign over there, and frankly don't care too much, we have our manager, we should get behind him, not search for another emotional appointment..... because let's face it.....

Todd, Gregory, Roy Mac....even Clough...none of them have been great have they...

Without sounding daft, Igor Stimac is currently manager of Croatia... they're no small time fish, that's a pretty good job he has there! anyone who thinks he would drop that to come and work here is barking.

I won't say he isn't good enough for us, because he got the Croatia job... They have players playing for the top clubs in europe, coming to Derby would be a massive step down and he would have to learn the division very quickly! It would take him at least a year or 2 to settle, and in that time I work guess he'll be worse than Clough!

It's a nice idea, would definitely bring the fans in for the short term - but realistically he would probably end up like the Wolves bloke, working with a much worse squad than he had.. 

Archived