England v Sweden

blackNwhites

All I'm trying to say is that you are saying that Hart is having a poor time of it while the City supporters are at the same time voting for him as their player of the month.

I agree that in some games he may not have reached the levels of consistency he showed in the previous season but he is still a whole lot better than anyone else out there and it is that I would prefer to focus on.

Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if we all marvelled at one of our players form and he won our player of the month then supporters who had nothing to do with our club then ridiculed that players form?

The City supporters are in the best position to judge the form of their own players and I trust their judgement more than one or two reporters and supporters who simply want to knock the player down.

Well its true I havent seen Hart play week in week out for City.

Ive only seen him live once and that was for Brum against Derby. He let in a howler against mcEveley.

Ive also seen him several times for England and IMO hes been poor too many times to justify being an ENgland keeper. Not that we are spoilt for choice.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The technique to score a goal like that was incredible.. But as others have said, all he did was shoot into an empty net.. It's not like he found the top corner with a 35 yard bicycle kick..

The best goal ever? No way Jose..

For an individual goal running from inside your own half and beating 5 or 6 players before finishing it off is a far harder achievement than scoring a screamer from 30 yards or an overhead kick into an empty net.. In my lifetimes Messi's goal against Getafes and his solo run against Real Madrid are easily the best of this generation but I appreciate that Maradonas goal against England was against harder opposition so that is probably the best ever..

Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Zidane, Seedorf and now Ibra have all scored perfect long ranges with immense technique but they all couldn't score a goal in the mould that Messi and Maradona has..

Also, if you want a perfect goal for control, technique and finish you can't get much better than this.. If this was a Rooney or Messi then they'd be talking about it for years.. Number 3 in the clip..

I've said since i saw that, it was the best goal ever, the one you've said Bris, number 3 on that video. Some Sweedish second division game i think it is.

Showed it to my mate the other day, unbelievable goal, the first touch, the flick, then to volley it in from that angle.

I think Messi won that award, and whilst it was a special goal with immense skill against a tough opposition I'm certain he only won because of his name..

That goal (number 3) is also up there with the best I've seen.. And it isn't recognised just because he's not a superstar.. Poor bloke should definately 100% have won that goal competition of 2010.. It was just incredible.. The perfect goal, he had no right to score a goal from that position but did it with perfection..

Imagine of Rooney had scored that..

Ah, this is how the other thread started. Maradonna v England. Nothing shows off as many qualities within one player inside one move as that. Pace, power, balance, skill and composure. Many players can catch a sweet volley etc. but ghosting past good opponents like that?... Special

As far as strikers go yes there are 3 better... Messi, Ronaldo and Falcao.. Even if the first 2 aren't out and out strikers, play them in that role and they'll produce more like they do for club and country..

Zlatan is a special player though.. Him and Eto'o are probably the most underrated strikers over the past 10 years or so..

Huh...Ibra underrated????, fortunes have been spent on him and he has been in the top 5 paid players in world football for years - I honestly think the opposite, he is talented but has not done it enough on the big occasion - his goalscoring record is good but it would be interesting to see how many of those were against smaller teams whilst playing for the Milans or Barcas of this world. Also would note his big performance against us was a friendly - in the Euros he hardly got a kick.

Again, not saying he isn't talented but I would never call him underrated - for the record btw, I missed the game as it was on at a crazy time here - woke to all these headlines about the goal and finally saw it the following evening - must admit I was a little underwhelmed, live it must have been good but after a few hours of seeing all these experts call it the best goal of all time I was expecting more - It was good but the ball was dropping down fairly slow not being crossed at pace and the goalkeeper was not in his goal.

Finally, I seem to remember a very wise DCFC fans member making the comment below a little while back... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

"For example Ibrahimovic is over-rated, whilst a top top player who has won titles everywhere, he is not a worldclass player and never warranted the $50mill odd that Barca paid for him"

Huh...Ibra underrated????, fortunes have been spent on him and he has been in the top 5 paid players in world football for years - I honestly think the opposite, he is talented but has not done it enough on the big occasion - his goalscoring record is good but it would be interesting to see how many of those were against smaller teams whilst playing for the Milans or Barcas of this world. Also would note his big performance against us was a friendly - in the Euros he hardly got a kick.

Again, not saying he isn't talented but I would never call him underrated - for the record btw, I missed the game as it was on at a crazy time here - woke to all these headlines about the goal and finally saw it the following evening - must admit I was a little underwhelmed, live it must have been good but after a few hours of seeing all these experts call it the best goal of all time I was expecting more - It was good but the ball was dropping down fairly slow not being crossed at pace and the goalkeeper was not in his goal.

Finally, I seem to remember a very wise DCFC fans member making the comment below a little while back... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

"For example Ibrahimovic is over-rated, whilst a top top player who has won titles everywhere, he is not a worldclass player and never warranted the $50mill odd that Barca paid for him"

When I say underrated I mean by the British public (mainly the media).. As they simply have their favourites.. Ibra has a special record in that until last season he had won the league for something like 9 straight years.. And that includes 5 different clubs in Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca and then Milan and he's almost garaunteed to win the French Division with PSG.. He has more league championships than virtually any other play in Europe yet the British never recognized this and constantly criticised his CL performances..

I don't know what his record is like against the top teams overall but he hit the winner in El Clasico 2009 when Barca won 1-0 and scored 2 goals at The Emirates when Barca ripped Arsenal apart.. Those I remember

When I say underrated I mean by the British public (mainly the media).. As they simply have their favourites.. Ibra has a special record in that until last season he had won the league for something like 9 straight years.. And that includes 5 different clubs in Ajax, Juve, Inter, Barca and then Milan and he's almost garaunteed to win the French Division with PSG.. He has more league championships than virtually any other play in Europe yet the British never recognized this and constantly criticised his CL performances..

I don't know what his record is like against the top teams overall but he hit the winner in El Clasico 2009 when Barca won 1-0 and scored 2 goals at The Emirates when Barca ripped Arsenal apart.. Those I remember

His underratedness (?),is probably more to do with the fact that he has played for so many clubs. Players seem to get more recognition if they make a name for themselves at one club for a 5 year period or so.

Archived