Kick it out campaign...

uttoxram75

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be nice to see a black man or two given a decent role at the FA, you know to break up the cartel that is the old boys network.

It all appears to be lip service from them at Wembley to me, "Yes, Yes, we must be seen to be doing something about this racism stuff " but how about giving a worthwhile gig to a guy with dreads and ting....it'll never happen. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Eastherts I know it's not your intent but what your suggesting would mean giving preference to someone because of the colour of their skin.

To give someone a role at the FA because of their ability would be correct. Any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, color, descent, or national or ethnic origin would be wrong.

Whoa there fella, I'm not suggesting someone gets a position at The FA simply because of their skin colour, there's enough of that kind of thing going on at the BBC, but if The FA can't find someone non white to fill a position in their ranks ON MERIT then it's a sad day.

I was implying there's an old boy network going on there that doesn't appear easy to breach.

Whoa there fella, I'm not suggesting someone gets a position at The FA simply because of their skin colour, there's enough of that kind of thing going on at the BBC, but if The FA can't find someone non white to fill a position in their ranks ON MERIT then it's a sad day.

I was implying there's an old boy network going on there that doesn't appear easy to breach.

There's certainly a group of inviduals from a certain generation within the game that have worked their way to the top and currently run the FA, but in football or other sports, this is always likely to happen. Not sure 'old boy network' is entirely fair. Football may be a popular game but the amount of people that actually work within it is very small. In the FA, you're always going to have a group of people who have played football together and worked their way up the FA together.

People always look at ethnic minorities in parliament, ethnic minorities within football, women on the boards of PLCs etc. but what there are reasons for a lack of these that extend beyond point-blank discrimination.

All of these are senior positions and will be filled with people who were educated at least 20 years ago, when there were real issues with inequality, so obviously all senior positions within our society will still be largely run by a much narrower group of people.

In twenty years time with no changes to our current laws of attitudes, I'd expect twice as many women and ethnic minorities to be represented throughout society.

People still overthink the subject way too much. Why is there 'too much' positive discrimination at the BBC? How can you tell?

Seems Fergie's after match comment about Rio, "he will be dealt with", has come in for criticism. The PFA are saying they will defend any punishment dished out to him.

A bit premature on there part - it may well be in his contract that he has to take part in such activities when directed by the club. If so the PFA and Ferdinand wouldn't have a defense at all.

Because it's a fact the BBC like to tick boxes, (I have worked at the BBC and the now defunt London Weekend Television in the past and seen it first hand) and I know that in some instances the best candidate for the job has been overlooked in favour of someone that will tick a box.

Famous examples (in my opinion) include Garth Crooks, Lenny Henry that Bhaskar bloke and lastly that Iranian "comedian". These people didn't get their gig because of their talent they got them because some right on sandal wearing numpty decided it would show the corporation in a good light, it was an equal opportunity establishment.

Regarding the old boy network at The FA, it is extremely protective of who it let's into it's organisation, it's almost a cartel situation, certainly no boat rockers are encouraged, nor anyone that might disrupt the status quo, it was like that back in Brian Clough's day and it's still the same today.

A bit premature on there part - it may well be in his contract that he has to take part in such activities when directed by the club. If so the PFA and Ferdinand wouldn't have a defense at all.

I am pretty sure it is "in his contract" that he has to take part in random drug tests.....but that didn't stop him "forgetting" that did it... haha...

seriously though, it is his right to wear or not wear the kick it out t shirt, good on him.

Because it's a fact the BBC like to tick boxes, (I have worked at the BBC and the now defunt London Weekend Television in the past and seen it first hand) and I know that in some instances the best candidate for the job has been overlooked in favour of someone that will tick a box.

Famous examples (in my opinion) include Garth Crooks, Lenny Henry that Bhaskar bloke and lastly that Iranian "comedian". These people didn't get their gig because of their talent they got them because some right on sandal wearing numpty decided it would show the corporation in a good light, it was an equal opportunity establishment.

Regarding the old boy network at The FA, it is extremely protective of who it let's into it's organisation, it's almost a cartel situation, certainly no boat rockers are encouraged, nor anyone that might disrupt the status quo, it was like that back in Brian Clough's day and it's still the same today.

England needed a manager that could make them punch above there weight

Brian Clough proved at Derby & Forest he was the man for that type of job.

In the new era we ellude to, would Brian stand a better chance ?

Eastherts I know it's not your intent but what your suggesting would mean giving preference to someone because of the colour of their skin.

To give someone a role at the FA because of their ability would be correct. Any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, color, descent, or national or ethnic origin would be wrong.

I seriously question whether the FA ever gave someone a role because of their ability.

This is an organisation, remember, where David Davies, erstwhile Midlands Today presenter, ended up being Chief Executive (or somesuch thing) by dint of being the last one standing.

The same organisation that gave the England manager's job to an establishment yes man rather than Brian Clough.

EastHertsRam is right, they are a bunch of jobs-for-the-boys shambling amateurs.

Archived