Dynamic Pricing

JG19

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to the match yesterday, the commentators talked about how the attendances were down. They reckon that consistently good performances from Derby will bring the extra people back. Yes, it will increase the attendances but its failing to take into account the overall problem - the economy.

Except for senior managers, MDs, bankers and footballers; average wages have effectively fallen over the past few years. Households are struggling. Football, ultimately, is only a form of entertainment and most non ST holding fans are having to be more selective about the matches they attend. Whilst the opponent has an effect (e.g. watching Forest/Leeds or an ex Premier League opponent is more appealing than watching smaller teams), the date/time of a match and individual personal circumstances can have an effect.

One thing that baffles me is that Derby still increase the price of tickets on the day of a match. If the match has the potential to sell out/nearly sell out then this is a good idea but when there are thousands of empty seats, its stupid. The demand based pricing model is sufficient incentive to make people book in advance but why automatically increase prices on match day?

Listening to the match yesterday, the commentators talked about how the attendances were down. They reckon that consistently good performances from Derby will bring the extra people back. Yes, it will increase the attendances but its failing to take into account the overall problem - the economy.

Except for senior managers, MDs, bankers and footballers; average wages have effectively fallen over the past few years. Households are struggling. Football, ultimately, is only a form of entertainment and most non ST holding fans are having to be more selective about the matches they attend. Whilst the opponent has an effect (e.g. watching Forest/Leeds or an ex Premier League opponent is more appealing than watching smaller teams), the date/time of a match and individual personal circumstances can have an effect.

One thing that baffles me is that Derby still increase the price of tickets on the day of a match. If the match has the potential to sell out/nearly sell out then this is a good idea but when there are thousands of empty seats, its stupid. The demand based pricing model is sufficient incentive to make people book in advance but why automatically increase prices on match day?

Elasticity of demand - google it and you will find the answer to your question in the last paragraph.

Had this chat with an ex member before not going through it again.

After having a dabble on dynamic pricing tonight I now think it's a brilliant idea, £17 to watch Barnsley on a Tuesday night is more than fair in my eyes. Thanks Glick...

Come on Derby!

Even cheaper in the South West corner. Hopefully I won't be totally on my own up there, but I thought I'd try it out, given the cheapness of the tickets,

I was tempted... I can see the numbers growing up there once people realise how cheap it is, I've never sat there but I bet it's a good view?

I work for digonex and I’m running the digonex program on my computer right now.*

I see that if you buy a ticket up there then Cornwall and Sage will each receive an email demanding an extra fiver for their tickets. That may seem strange to some people but that’s just the way it works. I can’t be bothered explaining the elasticated reasons for this all over again as I’ve already explained it once to my cat. Take it from me, digonex pricing is complicated but fair.

[size=2]*these claims may not be true in any kind of factual sense.[/size]

Even cheaper in the South West corner. Hopefully I won't be totally on my own up there, but I thought I'd try it out, given the cheapness of the tickets,

If you are up there for the kerdiff game, then i will be up there with you.

Row Y, so if you hear someone with a welsh accent, i ain't one of them.

Archived