Dynamic Pricing

JG19

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen you can get to the Cardiff, Hull and Leeds games at home for like £35. You can't grumble at that.

Cardiff I defo saw at £13.

The problem is on matchday if the ground isn't sold out I don't understand why it doesnt drop to the lowest price again. £13.

I understand that in the week building up to a game when tickets are selling it might go up to £20-25.

£35 to go to Pride Park!! It's an awful ground with an mid-table championship side!

I thought when they werent anywhere near sold out they were supposed to drop the prices to get rid of the tickets as its better being full and the additional revenue from food etc. they don't seem to change at all so do quite see what dynamic pricing is.

I don't think that the prices will ever drop down just before a game. The idea is to change the culture of the non-season ticket holders to buy their tickets early to get the best price.

From what I've seen you can get to the Cardiff, Hull and Leeds games at home for like £35. You can't grumble at that.

Cardiff I defo saw at £13.

The problem is on matchday if the ground isn't sold out I don't understand why it doesnt drop to the lowest price again. £13.

I understand that in the week building up to a game when tickets are selling it might go up to £20-25.

£35 to go to Pride Park!! It's an awful ground with an mid-table championship side!

Awful ground??? I have never had a bad seat in the place. If you are referring to atmosphere then maybe you should be saying awful supporters.

Awful ground??? I have never had a bad seat in the place. If you are referring to atmosphere then maybe you should be saying awful supporters.

Awful supporters then. But I don't like the ground much either. They're all identical now. Ikea bowls with scaffolding. Liberty, Britannia, Riverside, King Prawn..... the list goes on.

But I did mean the atmosphere. That's my gripe. There are no worse atmospheres than Pride Park. As bad, but none worse.

I don't think that the prices will ever drop down just before a game. The idea is to change the culture of the non-season ticket holders to buy their tickets early to get the best price.

That's not dynamic though that's just the earlier they buy the cheaper. They said if people are not buying them the prices would drop as its better to fill the ground. If pepple are buying they would go up. That's not really heppening.

I paid £38 on Saturday, please can someone help? Do I really need to go on the internet and buy em off there in advance? Where's the fun in that Derby?

There's you paying £38 for Derby v Blackburn and those other lot paying £2.60 for a coffee.

I take it back, police should carry guns.

We have decided not to go to PP again this season bar Leeds, Forest and Millwall as it seems cheaper to support the rams away. For someone who has always paid on the gate, I refuse to pay £38 to watch championship football and I can't stand booking football tickets on the internet.

We all know away days are better, better fans, better songs, better grounds. So sod it, I'll roar the rams on away from home from now on providing I'm not working. Come on Derby!

I would but I don't live in Derby and travelling from Stoke to PP can take up to an hour sometimes. The days expenditure - petrol, food, drinks and rip off ticket adds up. I'd rather spend it on more away trips now, pay on the gate, sing some Derby songs, go to different grounds and not hear ridiculous comments by **** thick fans. We could do with more away support anorl.

If a ticket is around £25 then I don't mind phoning dodgy digonex up but other than that I'm doing the above.

Every match from now til the end of the season has a ticket priced at £25 or less. You want a cheap ticket? Buy in advance.

Suppose.... It just ruins my spontaneousism.

Yes, I hate wasting my time on the Internet, for I am far too busy to do that caper.

Oh yes.

Exactly Boycie, I have to plan ahead and check my diary to come on here you know.

I mean this dynamic pricing malarkey means you cant wake up on a Saturday and think "You know what, she's going her mams, I don't particularly want to so I'll go and watch Clough's lads beat whoever instead" Maybe I over reacted but it is friggin annoying 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

But are on the day prices any more this year than the past couple of years? I don't know because I never buy on the day.

Has it really hindered those that can only pay on the day, or has it given a perk to those who can choose to pay in advance?

Anyway important thing is Forest Home tickets now on sale - buy now and get them cheaper

Well i'm sure I never used to pay over £30 at the very most on the gate, so far I've paid £36 for Charlton and Burnley and £38 for Blackburn. Thanks DR, I'll get them sorted today then.

It seems it's the only way to buy now, I don't mind paying anything under £30 for normal games so if I can get in for £22 then I'll have to succumb to buying onliiiiine 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived