Tacky or what?.....

Gaspode

First Mike Ashley renamed St James's Park; then they became Wonga Utd; now they have this:

[url=http://www.bitterwallet.com/is-there-a-worse-piece-of-football-merchandising-than-why-aye-man/59838?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bitterwallet+%28BitterWallet%29]http://www.bitterwal... (BitterWallet)

It's a proud era for Newcastle fans....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that a loan shark, that preys on low paid working people desperately trying to scrape a living, can sponsor a once working class football club like Newcastle United sums up the state of professional football AND society in this country.

Wonga charge over 4,000% interest.

Wonga is owned by a chap called Adam Beecroft.

Adam Beecroft did a report for the Conservative government recommending "no fault dismissal" and "relaxation of the regulations surrounding the employment of children".

Adam Beecroft is a conservative party donor and multi millionaire venture capitalist.

The more people living in poverty the more profit Wonga will make.

talk about a conflict of interest!!!!!!

The old boys who used to sing the Blaydon Races song would be turning in their graves....

Oh me lads

you should of seen us gannin'

gannin' down the Wonga shop

cos' we got no wages...

all the lads and lasses and all the smiling faces,

gannin' down the wonga shop

cos we got no wages

Quality post there Utch, much as I hate Buy Moblies.net on our shirts I've got a sort of admiration for the bloke that owns the company to build it up to the degree he has whereas this clown that owns Wonga relies on peoples misfortune/cicumstances and rips them off at a rate bordering on immoral.

It would be great if Newcastle sold no shirts with that logo on it because the shirt manufacturer would then get involved and it wouldn't look like quite the astute piece of business Ashley thinks it is.

Archived