Comment made by the editor of the manchester evening news

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He dont know what he's talking about, Will Hughes is by far the weakest link in this Derby team,

he gives the ball away to easily, (passes it to a team mate as if its a hot potato)

has a bad attitude (berates his fellow players),

and even gets into attacking positions (when he should be passing backwards)

personnally if I was a Prem manager I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole..

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Hughes the next Scholes...

Hmmm... Not as good as Barnes at his age, for me. I think people will argue but every new young player is better than the old, Barnes was talked about in the same if not richer vein than Hughes, of a similar age he was already tearing championship teams apart, I think if any half decent bid came in for Hughes we should look to sell. We've been stung in the past, if we can get 5+ million straight up then work with it.

I do expect Hughes to have a great career as long as he stays clear of injury!!

I think Hughes is an exciting prospect at the moment and nothing more. I wouldn't expect any offers for him. Well, some team might wave a bit of cash at us and take him on to loan out as a chancer. But I doubt anybody will fight for him. Not yet.

He's like a jigsaw at the moment. All the pieces look to be there, but it will take some time to put them all together. It's exciting, but it might never be the complete article.

Barnes was further down the line. Injury wrecked that lad. He was really good.

For now, Hughes is all potential. He needs time obviously. He'll get that at Derby. It's best he stays here. We might have to turn away the odd lazy bid from a club looking to get in early just incase, but I think all parties would be fools to go down that route.

He's exciting. Let's just enjoy that. In this moment.

Having said that..

£20m or GTFO.

Barnes was also full of himself and thought it was his destiny to be the next big thing and for sure injuries hurt his progression, whereas I think Hughes is a more level headed lad who recognises that he has a good role model in Nige to guide him in the right direction. IMO

i totally disagree that barnes looked better by this age... they aare very different players to start with... the vision and composer hughes has been showing is above anybody in the team...at present. barnes was always a physically developed, pacey, direct kind of player... he used showboat tricks that (to me anyway) always looked prettycheap, even if they worked for a season and a half. he played like a smart arse and that eventually became his downfall, or one of them... mainly because he wasnt actually that good. hughes on the other hand has positional sense,a weight of responsibilty in the team,thinks quicker than his team mates and is generally a ball player. an intelligent footballer. he has credentials that no coaching staff can teach but can only encourage or harness or whatever. f*cking light years ahead of barnes. the only ones that come close from our youth system are huddlestone or riggot. hard to compare riggot being a cb...but injury got the better of him... absolute class in his first season... and huddlestone...brilliant player for us.. but if he was hughes physical statue at the same age, his head wouldnt have been quick enough. there is a very well balanced, quick thinking player there... jeeesus... he's 17. he plays like a spaniard

I don't get why people make out Barnes was a crap player. Yeah he got big headed, but he was a great young player and if he hadn't suffered some pretty bad injuries he could have been a great player. He was pretty much our best player when we got promoted. Don't get why because his careers gone down hill, people just make out he was rubbish for us.

Archived