Attendances may start to rise

davenportram

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with that Asanovic.

(except I don't mind the membership scheme)

What I hate is when our non-hardcore support is going every week taking the numbers up to 28-33k you start seeing people asking about expanding the ground.

I've seen Glick was asked about it a few times.

It's alright, but when they drift away again it'd leave 20 - 24,000 in a, what, 40,000 seater!!

Our ground is spot on as it is. If a few people can't get tickets during the good times..... too bad imo

Agree with that Asanovic.

(except I don't mind the membership scheme)

What I hate is when our non-hardcore support is going every week taking the numbers up to 28-33k you start seeing people asking about expanding the ground.

I've seen Glick was asked about it a few times.

It's alright, but when they drift away again it'd leave 20 - 24,000 in a, what, 40,000 seater!!

Our ground is spot on as it is. If a few people can't get tickets during the good times..... too bad imo

Membership scheme doesn't cause too many problems at the moment, there's only one game where there's even a mild struggle for tickets.

The problem will come if (WHEN!) we get promoted again, and tickets are at a premium. You could then end up with a massive increase of memberships to try and get the United, Chelsea, City tickets. Maybe they'll change the structure of the scheme when that happens, but if it doesn't change and alot of ST holders miss out to members, there'll be uproar I'd imagine.

Thing is (trying not to hijack the thread, sorry) there's people who work 2/3 Saturday's in a month or live in Switzerland etc who won't buy a season ticket. They have no choice but to pick games. The membership means they can guarantee tickets and arrange travel/time off etc.

The clubs line is 'season tickets guarantee your seat for every home game'. I know it's a lot of money and it feels like an investment!! But it's just reserving a seat for home games.

I know what your saying btw. You can spend £500 on Derby, go to every away game and then not get a ticket to Forest.

Maybe if the demand was there they would look into 'away season tickets' like I think Forest did? You need so many away games to your name to be a priority for Derby away tickets.

Maybe they'd do...

Priority Away (people who have purchased 15+ away tickets)

5+

membership

ST

General sale

But like you say. Demand just isn't there.

I think you're right, when was the last time we sold out away and it wasn't forest?? Peterborough? That was about it for last season.

To be fair we haven't sold out, just sold the allocation of tickets we were given - there will be plenty of room in the away end for pay-on-the-day sales.

Archived