Attendances may start to rise

davenportram

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen that we have sold our initial allocation of 2000 for Saturdays match, tickets available on the day.

Not a bad crowd for this one so early in the season - hope home attendances start increasing too

Two weeks off, optimism after the 5-1 and good performances, just up the road, not been to Huddersfield in ages...plenty of reasons to go.

A win on Sat'dee, and I think we would put a few on the gate for the home games next week and we'd all be getting a bit moist around the gusset about our chances of a good season. Lose and it'll be doom and gloom, wall to wall wrist slashers.

They away following and home crowds arent really linked are they?

Whilst we have enjoyed larger than average crowds for this division for some years.

The die hard singers and regular away following, Is average for this division.

I also dont think theres many of them who have stopped coming.

We just have a larger percentage of home only / sit and want to watch the match in peace type fans, compared to most clubs.

Hate the fans the don't go to every game and when we start winning they come out the woodwork.

Hate's a bit strong, isn't it?

Can't really blame them. It doesn't mean as much to some as it does to others, and people are happy to dip in and out. Nothing wrong with that. Infact, sometimes, when we're getting beat, and I'm miles away from home, I wish I was one of them.

Also, if people didn't come out of the woodwork, we'd be getting 23,000 in the Premiership (when we get there), which would be a rait poor do.

The problem I've got lies with the membership scheme, but that's been covered on another thread.

Archived