Derby County Squad - Discussion on current squad and future needs

TETRA

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because offers come in, doesn't mean they'll go.

Especially to Burnley who offer personal terms along the lines of "minimum wage plus ten pound an hour bonus for minutes on the pitch and a bag of chips on match day. If they win."

I'm sure we'll keep Thorne and Hughes will have better options than Burnley.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just because offers come in, doesn't mean they'll go.

Especially to Burnley who offer personal terms along the lines of "minimum wage plus ten pound an hour bonus for minutes on the pitch and a bag of chips on match day. If they win."

I'm sure we'll keep Thorne and Hughes will have better options than Burnley.

Let's hope we do. You may cast aspersions over Burnley but they have a minimum £99m through this seasons endeavours!! Mels pockets may be deep but that's serious poundage! 

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

But Dyche said they were skint last time they went up....

Diving in head first to the transfer market so he has to try and pull the wool !!! Not sure it'll work this time?!! 

I think we need our manager /head coach issue settled in time for a full pre season to reappraise the January and last window signings. 

The Jan lads in particular will have found it difficult to integrate I would think. I wouldn't write any of the current squad off at this stage.

But we've got to use them better than we have to date. 

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Agreed but much to my surprise the way Hendrick played in that role against Hull was the best I've seen him play. We may already have a replacement/reserve.

He didn't have to do any defending. I'd be worried if he plays there regularly. As we've seen before, he's not capable. He's an attacking midfielder. Play him there. 

13 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

There's some that think we need a complete overhaul and I just think that's ridiculous. We have a core team of players capable of beating anyone in this league

Sadly, we need a team capable of beating everyone to finish in the top 2. I personally think that we need a new mental strength down the spine of our team. We need absolute leadership. We are a proper leader away from being a top team.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sadly, we need a team capable of beating everyone to finish in the top 2. I personally think that we need a new mental strength down the spine of our team. We need absolute leadership. We are a proper leader away from being a top team.

Do you mean on the pitch or shouting from the dug out?

4 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Do you mean on the pitch or shouting from the dug out?

On the pitch. Under 4 managers of very different character, we have still lacked steel and influence on the pitch when needed.

anyone who thinks having Nigel Pearson (or Brendan Rodgers/Martinez/Sherwood/Rowett) in charge against Hull would've prevented Johnson and Shackell (and everyone else for that matter) from playing like idiots is deluding themselves.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

On the pitch. Under 4 managers of very different character, we have still lacked steel and influence on the pitch when needed.

anyone who thinks having Nigel Pearson (or Brendan Rodgers/Martinez/Sherwood/Rowett) in charge against Hull would've prevented Johnson and Shackell (and everyone else for that matter) from playing like idiots is deluding themselves.

I agree, although on his day and if he hadn't had a double leg break in the previous game, Thorne may have offered that steel that sometimes seems to help all the others play well.

although he's had a good season, I still think Keogh has an inate fallibility and we could do with a more head strong CB.

would be a good time to cash in on him.

and Baird not working out and Hanson not quite ready, some competition for a fit Thorne could offer us more solidity

Archived