Brighton away

Tamworthram

2 hours ago, boro.mfc said:

Where does the hatred come from? I dont know a single boro fan who dislikes Derby. And truth be known aside from Boro i would like either Derby or Brighton to get promoted sinply because i like the way the clubs are run and the fans ive met from both seem a good bunch.

I have no idea. Perhaps some had a bad Parmo (Praline and dick flavour). I have spent quite a bit of time up your neck of the woods, like the area and the people - and of course we are both Clough clubs.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't hate them, it's a compliment that we want to avoid playing them . I must admit that I didn’t like them so much while the smug Patrick Bamford was playing for them, though!

I think we would take Bamford over Blackman currently!

14 hours ago, boro.mfc said:

Where does the hatred come from? I dont know a single boro fan who dislikes Derby. And truth be known aside from Boro i would like either Derby or Brighton to get promoted sinply because i like the way the clubs are run and the fans ive met from both seem a good bunch.

Boro's my second team (has to be the mrs is from Eston) no hatred here, shame on you Penelope.

I see Burnley and Boro going up and us playing Brighton 3 times, but I'm sure we will come out on top.

9 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Nightmare trying to get back into town after the game though.

If you need to get there quickly, yes. We always stay at the ground for a pint afterwards, then wander for the train, seeing the queue is still of epic proportions and thinking 'should have stayed for a gallon'.

The trains are much better than they used to be at the Amex but I guess first impressions are lasting! Platform has been extended since we moved in and service improved. If I'm at the exit steps as the ref blows for full time I'm usually on the first train out, although even when not in a rush tend to make the second. Queued for far longer at some London away games. Should hopefully be a nice sunny afternoon too, usually stick around for a post match beer and to watch the highlights on a day like that. 

4 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

The trains are much better than they used to be at the Amex but I guess first impressions are lasting! Platform has been extended since we moved in and service improved. If I'm at the exit steps as the ref blows for full time I'm usually on the first train out, although even when not in a rush tend to make the second. Queued for far longer at some London away games. Should hopefully be a nice sunny afternoon too, usually stick around for a post match beer and to watch the highlights on a day like that. 

Yes, it's not as though we've got to race back into town. Me and the missus usually stop for one at ther ground after the game, then saunter back to get the train even after the night games.

Also, a warning to anyone going in the Battle of Trafalgar pub on Guildford Road - we had our tickets stolen when we were in there before the playoff semi-final. We didn't find out they had been pinched from the wife's bag until we got to the ground. Luckily there were a few tickets available on the day and we were just able to scrape £70 together (cash only).

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes, it's not as though we've got to race back into town. Me and the missus usually stop for one at ther ground after the game, then saunter back to get the train even after the night games.

The queues always look far worse than they are too. If you're on the slope down, alongside the bridge, not moving, as soon as the incoming train has gone you'll be on the next one. They stop people at the bottom to prevent crushing and the platform is very long so it's deceptive.

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Just ordered my ticket. I'll worry about how to get there a bit nearer the time but will almost certainly be driving down in my poor man's midlife crisis indulgence so, any further advice on suitable parking would be appreciated. 

What constitutes a 'poor man's midlife crisis indulgence'?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Just ordered my ticket. I'll worry about how to get there a bit nearer the time but will almost certainly be driving down in my poor man's midlife crisis indulgence so, any further advice on suitable parking would be appreciated. 

3-wheeler chopped Harley? That was my planned indulgence. Didn't happen.

I've been to the amex twice now and went on the Roadrider, once on a Saturday and the play off game on a Thursday night. Hellish journeys both times, just getting to the match and literally running in to see kick off. The bus took 5 hours to get there as they have to have a drivers rest break which was 45mins on both occasions. The M25 is a nightmare and throw in bank holiday day trippers from Landan Tahn on Monday and 2,30 kick off it doesn't bode well, so this time I'm treating  me and other half to a nice Sunday - Monday break and hopefully see another Derby victory. Not seen 'em lose there yet, so 2-1  to us should do it as it has been the conclusion on both the times I've been. Didn't go last season and we lost.

Latest recommendation is to arrive at Lewes or Brighton stations an hour before KO minimum to get to the game on KO. 

1400 fans arrived late (800, 40 minutes late) v Fulham. Management during an industrial dispute.

I would be surprised if 1400 seats are sold for a TV match which is not going to make much difference to Derby. 

Archived