Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you all feel now if he was a flop like Maguire ( hope not )

I don't get over-excited, and I don't get down in the dumps either, so I'd be 'meh!'

radio Derby 7.40pm:

Johnny Russell will undergo a medical at Derby on Monday after the striker agreed personal terms with the Championship club.

Dundee United accepted a bid of about £750,000 for the 23-year-old, who had a year of his contract to run.

"The transfer is expected to be concluded after the player has completed the necessary formalities early next week," say United.

Russell scored 20 goals for United in season 2012-13.

The Tayside club added that they are "working extremely hard to bring in quality new players with a view to strengthening the squad".

And they remain in talks with Blackburn about bringing striker David Goodwillie back to Tannadice on loan.

Italian outfit Catania had repeated offers for Russell rejected, while other Championship sides had made recent enquiries about the product of United's youth system.

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson has been open about his intention to sell Russell this summer while he is still under contract.

Huddersfield Town and Sheffield United also made unsuccessful moves for the player, in August and January, respectively.

New poster - Thanks for keeping me updated these last few days! Its been entertaining reading haha.

Fair play to Sam Rush if this deal goes through.

welcome, and don't be a stranger, you can be my mate if you want.

Please.

don't want too be a party pooper, but as he also put a minute ago, derby won't say anything until "if" he signs. Celtic could make a bid at any time.

Ah yes but I was replying to your well offer 5k and hell turn us down snipe at Sam Rush.

As it stands we have agreed a fee with Dundee, personal terms agreed I think the only way he won't sign is if he fails the medical.

Ah yes but I was replying to your well offer 5k and hell turn us down snipe at Sam Rush.

As it stands we have agreed a fee with Dundee, personal terms agreed I think the only way he won't sign is if he fails the medical.

well we signed Tyson so I doubt its hard too fail our medical tests.

Archived