Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy to narrow the search down...

top half championship clubs...

Cardiff - Highly unlikely, they're looking further a field and in a different budget.
Hull - Unlikely, perhaps though.
Watford - Won't be doing anything until after PO
Brighton - Unlikely, in a mess - already have strikers coming out their ears.
Palace - Won't be doing anything until after PO
Leicester - Unlikely, but perhaps - again, have strikers coming out their ears.
Bolton - Very likely they're in for him.
Forest - Again, wouldn't be surprised.
Charlton - Couldn't afford him, don't think.
Derby - Likely, I think. 
Burnley - Unlikely, not without someone going out first.

Birmingham - Couldn't afford him.

I think it's Derby, Forest and Bolton, but could be wrong - and I would imagine Bolton will be in the driving seat (once again) 

If you're prepared to listen to Twitter, the three teams are us, Forest and Burnley. Think we can beat Burnley out, not so sure about Forest :unsure:

Also found out that Huddersfield made a bid of 1.25 million for both him and Mackay-Steven last season. Now that's an insult :lol:

Bit late Ramforever

Derby, Burnley, Forest, Bolton or Charlton

Out of the them lot in the top 12, there the clubs who needed strikers, maybe Brum as well, but i guess they've just signed Novak, but have released King and Lovenkrans. 

From Jan 31st - 

Sheffield United have bid turned down for Dundee United striker Johnny Russell. Burnley showing late interest in the player.#bbcsportscot

700,000 minimum bit steep for saying he has only got a year left on his contract ?!

He is young and very highly-rated. Obviously I can't speak with certainty (because I don't know how well he'd do in the Championship) but I think he's a bit of a bargain at that price.

Us, Burnley and Forest seem reasonable - I thought Burnley were cutting back, however and Forest, I don't know how much they will spend this summer, I would have thought that free's would have been their limit! 

They are, but with the likely sale of Austin, they'll be left with Sam Vokes and Martin Paterson (if he signs a new contract), so they'll definitely be in for a few strikers, plus they'll get decent cash for Austin.

I'd say the 3 stated

They are, but with the likely sale of Austin, they'll be left with Sam Vokes and Martin Paterson (if he signs a new contract), so they'll definitely be in for a few strikers, plus they'll get decent cash for Austin.

I'd say the 3 stated

Are they in a position to sign someone before carting Austin off? that would be my argument - no doubt they will eventually be in the market for a striker.

I think we are definitely in for him, just because of the lack of options.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team with the rejected bid was Al-Fawackingcrazy at gump fc - I can see a lot of that from them this season, noise and nothing. 

It could also be a ploy into making James Vaughan get his act together and make a decision - because we will only sign one striker, guaranteed! 

After a gander at the other top half clubs on the ever reliable wikipedia, I reckon it'd likely be out of us, Charlton, Bolton and Forest.

Bolton have ngog, davies and sordell on their books so could be after a fourth striker like ourselves.
Burnley have paterson, austin, ings and vokes so I'd be surprised unless they think one of the others is leaving.
Charlton have an incredibly small squad and it seems they only have wright-phillips, kermogant and someone called cook.
Birmingham are skint I thought and have zigic, king, lovenkrands all likely on high wages plus rooney and novak.
Forest are ****.
Brighton don't have a manager.
Leicester have a lot of strikes on their books already but they're rich and greedy so could possibly be in for him.
Palace and Watford are most likely focusing on the play-offs before moving for new players.
I wouldn't have thought the promoted teams would gamble on him when they have a bit more cash to play with but you never know.

To sum up, I know nothing. I'm just bored.

Archived