Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry its not at a high enough standard for you :S the only reason I put it is because someone corrected me earlier. And as I said, normally the auto correct picks up on mistakes because I type fast.

You're not really getting indignant about me correcting your consistent misspelling of excited, are you? Please say you're not!

Anyway, here's a lesson for everyone!

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

What's wrong with the term happy clappers by the way?

It's a bit like Notts Prattlers. Now't wrong with it at all in my opinion.

I'm sorry its not at a high enough standard for you :S the only reason I put it is because someone corrected me earlier. And as I said, normally the auto correct picks up on mistakes because I type fastmake so many

FTFY

DERBY County are still hoping to complete the signing of Dundee United striker Johnny Russell next week.

Russell is due at the Rams’ Moor Farm training ground for a medical on Monday.

Derby have had a bid accepted for the 23-year-old, believed to be in the region of £700,000, and are understood to have agreed personal terms with the player.

Reports from north of the border have suggested that Celtic are planning a last-ditch swoop in an attempt to hijack the deal.

At the time of going to press, United chairman Stephen Thompson said that he had received no offer, or even an approach, from the Scottish champions, while at the same time keeping the door open for them.

“Until everything is signed and sealed, nothing is concluded – but we have agreed terms with Derby County,” said Thompson. “I know their chief executive, Sam Rush, has spoken to Johnny’s agent and they are pretty close to agreeing terms.

“But he has to go there for a medical on Monday, so you never know. Anything can happen in this game.

“There has been a lot of speculation but there have been no other approaches to us.”

Asked if he had heard from Celtic, the United chief added: “Not a thing. I’m not particularly expecting anything from them either – but I will never be surprised in this game.

“I don’t know if this is all just speculation coming from the west (regarding Celtic’s interest). But no other offers have come in.

“However, we have seen it before when someone is going somewhere for a medical and then there is an about turn and they go somewhere else.

“Until it happens, it is not complete.”

The Rams have said they will be making no further comment until a deal is done.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I haven't been a particularly big fan of Clough, on this forum....but a signing like Russell will definitely excite me. Almost as much as my in laws stag in brighton, when a fella seductively licked a jelly shot off my chest..

A commons, cywka, bueno style with sammon playing the kuyi role.

Good days.

Archived