Apathy....

danthebeast

Dan the beast you gave short shrift to "local boy makes good owners".Presume you mean

the LOG and Mr.Gadsby who didn't do anything for us.Well apart from getting us away from

abunch of crooks and in one year getting us promotion into the promised land.If thats

failure what are we getting from this lot?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan the beast you gave short shrift to "local boy makes good owners".Presume you mean

the LOG and Mr.Gadsby who didn't do anything for us.Well apart from getting us away from

abunch of crooks and in one year getting us promotion into the promised land.If thats

I dont think he quite used the word failure, just pointed out that we ended up with a massive wage bill in the championship following the lowest premiership points total ever - that's pretty accurate i think. (Although you could add that the current regime added to the wage bill during the january in the prem and then again in the summer when we brought players in and didn't sell many)

You're always looking for an arguement you.

I dont think he quite used the word failure, just pointed out that we ended up with a massive wage bill in the championship following the lowest premiership points total ever - that's pretty accurate i think. (Although you could add that the current regime added to the wage bill during the january in the prem and then again in the summer when we brought players in and didn't sell many)

Exactly davenport, but I think I understand what top 6 finish is getting at and I think we all have to give some credit to the LOG and Gadsby for saving us in our hour of need. I wouldnt say he was a failure at all. Although I would hardly say our current situation is anywhere near as bad as it was when the three amigo's were around so I can't see what they'd bring to the table at the minute.

The main difference between the LOG and our current owners is the respective risk appetites. The LOG speculated to accumulate. It worked. Doesn't work all the time though, and it certainly didn't work when our current lot threw millions down the drain just after they'd come in. Since then, the risk appetite has been low. Extremely low. For better or worse.

With Davros' and P0rnstar's mistakes, the cleanup operation was always going to be a lengthy process. Didn't most accept that when Clough came in? Clough has cut the wagebill, maintained our status in the Championship, and largely given the gumps a good hiding as an added bonus. It's his squad now, the fat's been trimmed and I'd expect us to start pushing on. A freak result against Ssausagehorpe, a draw against Sheff Wed and an expected defeat at Bolton aren't the yardstick of the season. Early days yet.

I think if fans really are sick of this medocrity then they can only do one thing, and thats not come to matches or buy season tickets.

The drop in crowds certainly for that first game of the season, I think speaks volumes.

I remember thinking when Clough took over, that the fans simply wouldnt stand for having to wait 10 years while he steadily builds the club like was the case at Burton.

I thought the fans would force the board and owners into selling if there was a mass uproar, as has happened with previous regimes.

As it stands i think the fans have been remakably patient.

I was also of the opinion that a not so stable club who might make the play offs one season then just stay up the next would be preferably to one who never looks like going up or down. Certainly in the past you could always say we had at least one good season in every 3 or 4.

Just want to make make clear that as a season ticket holder for the last 6 year's and as somebody who goes to at least 10 away games a season I'm actually pretty optimistic about this season. Were playing some good stuff and I'm happy with the squad (although I wish Barker was fit,and we do seem to be leaking goals) and I think with the young, hungry team we've got we could finish in the top ten. The one issue could be a lack of depth in the squad.

The point I was making was more from the point of view of an average Derby fan, to people who don't go week in week out it seem's that little or no progress is being made. I suppose even a regular viewer could argue this as well. That were standing still as a side. I have quite a few friend's (oh get me!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />) who get to 1 or 2 Derby games a season and there expectations are always WAY higher than mine.

More often than not when we meet up in the pub after the game there disappointed.

The thing is they watch Premiership football every Sunday dinner and that's the level they've become used to. So when we get nowhere near that they want change, Cloughy's useless or the Yank's need to buy some players because we were "bloody rubbish" etc...some people need to be a bit more realistic.

Nice one Beast!

Exactly how I feel about the club, the foundations are still being laid and the future is bright. I am actually quite optimistic about this season. The news scoreboard, ad boards etc are primed to bring in more cash and definitely smarten the ground up a bit.

I am happy with the signings, not going to set the world alight but steady with huge room for improvement due to their ages etc. All in all, I am content with the building we are going through and the direction we are going in.

Just want to make make clear that as a season ticket holder for the last 6 year's and as somebody who goes to at least 10 away games a season I'm actually pretty optimistic about this season. Were playing some good stuff and I'm happy with the squad (although I wish Barker was fit,and we do seem to be leaking goals) and I think with the young, hungry team we've got we could finish in the top ten. The one issue could be a lack of depth in the squad.

The point I was making was more from the point of view of an average Derby fan, to people who don't go week in week out it seem's that little or no progress is being made. I suppose even a regular viewer could argue this as well. That were standing still as a side. I have quite a few friend's (oh get me!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />) who get to 1 or 2 Derby games a season and there expectations are always WAY higher than mine.

More often than not when we meet up in the pub after the game there disappointed.

The thing is they watch Premiership football every Sunday dinner and that's the level they've become used to. So when we get nowhere near that they want change, Cloughy's useless or the Yank's need to buy some players because we were "bloody rubbish" etc...some people need to be a bit more realistic.

Good points there beastie boy!

I get the same ***** "why have you been to watch Derby" by people sitting in the pub watching matches involving players earning £250k a week.

Luckily I'm dead hard so they soon shut up.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived