2.38pm today

RamNut

The legends of the 71-72 title winning team we be introduced to the fans

Including kevin hector, alan hinton, terry hennessey

Hinton has come over especially from seattle and hennessey has come from australia for their re-union

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The legends of the 71-72 title winning team we be introduced to the fans

Including kevin hector, alan hinton, terry hennessey

Hinton has come over especially from seattle and hennessey has come from australia for their re-union

It was the highlight of the day for me. Probably says everything about what was to follow. If only we had a Hector and a Hennessey now....

what does it even do?? i respect the 70's team massively but wheeling them out once a season....come on.

What it did for me was to remind me that I had the great fortune to watch quality players in a Derby shirt. It also gave me another chance to applaud them 40 years on and hopefully, to remind them that they are among the most important people ever to be connected to our Club.

I think they should be "wheeled out" before every home game as inspirations to some of those playing now.

I like the way nigel spoke about them.

That young man just went up a notch in my estimation.

P.s. is it really 2012. Well i never....

theyve done this about a million times before. time to move on...

These players are legends, they were helping to create a club that was on the way to being bigger then Man Utd. Players wanted to come to Derby instead of Man U, Liverpool etc. All of us who were there knew we were on the way to something big. The only way to stop us in Europe was for other clubs to cheat!! (allegedly)

The wheels came of in the normal Derby way by owners who decided to not support a manager who just wanted to do a bit more TV work. Dave Mackay did his best to reignite the dream and got very close!!

Not a history lesson, but true, for me they can wheel these guys out in hospital beds every season. They are all true Derby County legends and still love the club, just ask John McGovern how much he still loves Derby even though he followed Cloughie everywhere.

These people helped to create the club we all know and love today

theyve done this about a million times before. time to move on...

You are supposed to put some sort of smiley at the end of your post when you are joking...

Archived