Andy Appleby Article

G STAR RAM

Can't believe this has been on OS for a couple of hours and has not been posted on here, along with scathing remarks!

Anyway here is the article from Andy Appleby:-

“Firstly I would like to say how excited, I and the rest of the Board are for the start of the coming campaign. The Executive Team and Management have had a very busy summer both in terms of our football operations and also making a number of off-field changes. We believe all these changes will benefit Derby County as well as supporters moving forward.

“The Board have been very clear, that in the long term we wish Derby to be both a successful and sustainable club. In this new era of financial fair play, we believe the planning and hard work of our staff have put us in a good position to grow on the positive achievements of last season.

“We saw last campaign that Nigel and his staff are building a strong and competitive unit and we believe the changes already made this summer have bolstered our playing options. We have an exciting young squad whose development can only be improved by the arrival of the likes of Richard Keogh at Pride Park. We are not finished yet and I know that Nigel and Mal Brannigan are working hard behind the scenes to make further additions.

“Off the field this has been a very busy summer. Supporters who came to our matches against Sunderland and Chesterfield would already have seen many of these changes. Our new digital screen and pitchside boards, in partnership with Sports Revolution, are an exciting addition to matchdays at Pride Park. While we also welcome Kappa as our new kit provider. I and the rest of the Board are also pleased to be working alongside Digonex and delivering demand based ticketing to Derby County. We firmly believe that this new and exciting venture will ultimately help attract more supporters to Pride Park, while protecting the fantastic loyalty and support shown by our season ticket holders.

“I want to take this opportunity to again thank Tom Glick for his hard work over the past four years. We wish Tom all the best in his new role. The process to appoint a new Chief Executive is progressing well and we have been delighted with the calibre of candidate that would like to work for Derby County. We do not feel under pressure to make a quick decision and feel it is more important for the process to take its course and for the right appointment to be made.

“In the short term, I shall combine my Chairman duties with a more executive day to day role. I plan to spend more time in Derby over the coming weeks, working with our excellent staff and ensuring that the necessary leadership and structures remain in place. I and the Board feel this is the smoothest way to manage the transition process between Tom’s departure and the appointment of a new Chief Executive.

“I am looking forward to being at Pride Park this Saturday for the start of the new season. A very good crowd is expected and hopefully we can start the new season on a positive note.”

Andy Appleby

So in summary:-

1. We are actively in the process of making more signings

2. Andy Appleby will have more of a role at the club until new CEO found

3. Andy Appleby will be at the game on Saturday (perfect for B4 to start his protest?)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe this has been on OS for a couple of hours and has not been posted on here, along with scathing remarks!

“Firstly I would like to say how excited, I and the rest of the Board are for the start of the coming campaign. The Executive Team and Management have had a very busy summer both in terms of our football operations and also making a number of off-field changes. We believe all these changes will benefit Derby County as well as supporters moving forward.

“The Board have been very clear, that in the long term we wish Derby to be both a successful and sustainable club. In this new era of financial fair play, we believe the planning and hard work of our staff have put us in a good position to grow on the positive achievements of last season.

“We saw last campaign that Nigel and his staff are building a strong and competitive unit and we believe the changes already made this summer have bolstered our playing options. We have an exciting young squad whose development can only be improved by the arrival of the likes of Richard Keogh at Pride Park. We are not finished yet and I know that Nigel and Mal Brannigan are working hard behind the scenes to make further additions.

“Off the field this has been a very busy summer. Supporters who came to our matches against Sunderland and Chesterfield would already have seen many of these changes. Our new digital screen and pitchside boards, in partnership with Sports Revolution, are an exciting addition to matchdays at Pride Park. While we also welcome Kappa as our new kit provider. I and the rest of the Board are also pleased to be working alongside Digonex and delivering demand based ticketing to Derby County. We firmly believe that this new and exciting venture will ultimately help attract more supporters to Pride Park, while protecting the fantastic loyalty and support shown by our season ticket holders.

“I want to take this opportunity to again thank Tom Glick for his hard work over the past four years. We wish Tom all the best in his new role. The process to appoint a new Chief Executive is progressing well and we have been delighted with the calibre of candidate that would like to work for Derby County. We do not feel under pressure to make a quick decision and feel it is more important for the process to take its course and for the right appointment to be made.

“In the short term, I shall combine my Chairman duties with a more executive day to day role. I plan to spend more time in Derby over the coming weeks, working with our excellent staff and ensuring that the necessary leadership and structures remain in place. I and the Board feel this is the smoothest way to manage the transition process between Tom’s departure and the appointment of a new Chief Executive.

“I am looking forward to being at Pride Park this Saturday for the start of the new season. A very good crowd is expected and hopefully we can start the new season on a positive note.”

Andy Appleby

3. Andy Appleby will be at the game on Saturday (perfect for B4 to start his protest?)

Unbelievable! I appreciate that alot of Rams fans are being unbelievably patient, but he is living in cloud cookoo land. If we lose on Saturday, there is every chance we could lose the first 3 league games and on top of Ssausagehorpe will risk Nigels employment. Demand based ticketing wont bring any fans back, only good football and success.

"Supporters who came to our matches against Sunderland and Chesterfield would already have seen many of these changes. Our new digital screen and pitchside boards.."

Chesterfield was an away fixture? :s

Anyway, this is just a Chairman's press release by numbers. The one thing that does interest me is his point that Nige and Mal are still working on additions? Sammon maybe? and what of the trialists.

Andy Appleby

There shouldn't really be anything in there worth having a go at. Of course some will find someting and it looks like someone already has.

Decent summer, decent additions, got rid of most of those we wanted out and looks like we'll bring in more than the promised 3 or 4. What is there to moan about really, we're not in bad shape at all.

Unbelievable! I appreciate that alot of Rams fans are being unbelievably patient, but he is living in cloud cookoo land. If we lose on Saturday, there is every chance we could lose the first 3 league games and on top of Ssausagehorpe will risk Nigels employment. Demand based ticketing wont bring any fans back, only good football and success.

Sorry but it's that kind of comment that really does my head in. Same as all the doom mongers who came out after we sold Shackell.

Why don't you just wait and see what happens.

"Supporters who came to our matches against Sunderland and Chesterfield would already have seen many of these changes. Our new digital screen and pitchside boards.."

Chesterfield was an away fixture? :s

Anyway, this is just a Chairman's press release by numbers. The one thing that does interest me is his point that Nige and Mal are still working on additions? Sammon maybe? and what of the trialists.

At which they wore the new Kappa kit which he mentions in the article.

And exactly how have you come to that conclusion?!

Is there not also every chance that we could lose 1 win 2, or vice versa? Also what happens if we win the first game? Does that make Nigels job automatically safe?

Talk about knee jerk reactions!

Sorry but it's that kind of comment that really does my head in. Same as all the doom mongers who came out after we sold Shackell.

Why don't you just wait and see what happens.

Because I've been waiting for 3 years and not seen any real movement, only backwards! Don't get me wrong, I really do hope my predictions are way out, but that's my opinion, along with many others

Because I've been waiting for 3 years and not seen any real movement, only backwards! Don't get me wrong, I really do hope my predictions are way out, but that's my opinion, along with many others

How have we gone backwards?

Inperticulary looking at last season...

How have we gone backwards?

Inperticulary looking at last season...

You know I accept that we have very gradually improved our position and points over the past couple of years. But at a time when other clubs have flown past us, we shouldn't accept that. I live in Leicester and my life is hell on earth with the excitement they are experiencing with the investment and ambition. They genuinely believe they are going to win the league. I know they won't but I would bet their crowds overtake ours this year.

You know I accept that we have very gradually improved our position and points over the past couple of years. But at a time when other clubs have flown past us, we shouldn't accept that. I live in Leicester and my life is hell on earth with the excitement they are experiencing with the investment and ambition. They genuinely believe they are going to win the league. I know they won't but I would bet their crowds overtake ours this year.

Where did they finish last season, must have been so far ahead of us with all of that investment and ambition.

And if you really think their crowds will overtake ours, unless they are in the Premiership, I would suggest that it may be you living in cloud cuckoo land!

So we've not gone backwards... we've just not dramatically improved.

Who are the teams that have flown past us? The mediocre teams at this level, such as ourselves, are still in the same positions. Infact a few of the teams that I compared ourselves too are now a division below. Let Leicester crack on with their operation, not everyone has an endless pit of money. They might not even get promoted and if thats the case they're in the **** the longer that is still the fact.

I can't see Leicesters crowds overtaking ours either, they'll probably match ours.

Chill out, I don't see the need to race to the PL.

Archived