Is Mr Nigel Clough tactically good enough at this level and should he go?

Davey B

You can't concede 5 goals at home and that is the biggest worry for me, that we didnt have the sense or the ability to just to shut up shop totally even at 5-4.

this.

If anyone thought the game was safe at any time is deluded. Same will happen Saturday if we go 1-0. 2-0 up. Especially with 6,000 Weds fans in full voice! For me O'Connor has to be thrown straight in. Somebody said we got 'battered by Shrewsbury last season' Im sorry but give me a 2-3 defeat, or a skanky 0-1 defeat v lower league opposition any day of the week rather than last nights capitulation.

Does Buxton n Keogh really strike you as a solid defensive pair? Not for me.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this.

If anyone thought the game was safe at any time is deluded. Same will happen Saturday if we go 1-0. 2-0 up. Especially with 6,000 Weds fans in full voice! For me O'Connor has to be thrown straight in. Somebody said we got 'battered by Shrewsbury last season' Im sorry but give me a 2-3 defeat, or a skanky 0-1 defeat v lower league opposition any day of the week rather than last nights capitulation.

Really? I would almost prefer 5-5 to a 1-0 win.

I like football because it's entertaining.

If we beat Wednesday 3-0 this cup game will be forgotten. If we lose 3-0 it'll be mentioned a million times.

That's not really fair.

Last night was a bad result. Ssausagehorpe put 5 past us at Pride Park. We had some good performances and I doubt Naylor will ever play LB again.

Nothing more to it.

yeh but i dont like seein derby being embarassed and obviously losing.

There's only so many times you can say it, but Buxton and Keogh played well last night and they were not at fault for any of the goals.

yeh but up against the likes of wolves, leeds, bolton, red dogs, leicester, blackburn etc etc

I cannot see how Clough can continue. He is 3 years into a 5 year plan and all we have seen is good players leave the club, and the majority of replacements are nowhere near as good. Tonight showed that Nigel isn't up to the job.

You say good players leave the club, can you name a player that is playing regularly in a side that finished higher up in the table than us?

Id wager that varney,maguire and shackell all have gone to clubs that will finish above Derby this season.

But that wasn't the question Dangerous. Out of those three I'd say the only one who will play regularly will be shackell and we sold him for the highest amount he's ever been sold for.

If varney is leeds best frontman then I'll wager with you now they wont finish above us and Maguire was hauled off 34 minutes into his first game for not giving a rats arse.

The question was - how many players that we have let go have played regularly for sides that finished above us in the table?

Find one of those if you can.

Id wager that varney,maguire and shackell all have gone to clubs that will finish above Derby this season.

Pardon me, but every club Varney has signed for have finished in a worse position than their previous season. Varney has also been relegated more times than he has survived, and in fact, he has only survived relegation twice in his entire career as a regular, and one of those was his first season as a regular with Crewe. Either you think Leeds will break this trend or that we're getting relegated along with them.

this.

Hi,

based on this comment I can guarentee you wasn't at the game, and if you said you was... you would be lying.

I would appreciate it if you would stop making guesses based on the result, you're way off by the way.

g'night, much love! x

Hi,

based on this comment I can guarentee you wasn't at the game, and if you said you was... you would be lying.

I would appreciate it if you would stop making guesses based on the result, you're way off by the way.

g'night, much love! x

no i wasn't at the game unfortunately mr no.1 rams fan I live in Manchester now so its hard to get down to Pride Park after work n that for a night game, but good grief HAHAHAHAHA sorry just clutching my ribs... "based on a result" ?!? wtf you smokin? 3-0 up then 4-1 up v a lower league side to end 5-5 in stoppage time. no thats a tremendous team peformance by the sounds of it roll on saturday. i'll hold my hands up if they've played well fair play (dont base it on goals they scored please im on about closing a flippin game out), but shipping 5 vs ssausagehorpe league one, yeh keogh buxton all way. i was at burton (if you made that one, im sure you did before you throw your dummy!) adebola wasted keogh. anyway i have no idea why ive replied to the quote just gonna lead to 'ive bin to more games than you yaddy yaadda yawn fest." sweet dreamin son shine. (thanks for the 'x')

no i wasn't at the game unfortunately mr no.1 rams fan I live in Manchester now so its hard to get down to Pride Park after work n that for a night game, but good grief HAHAHAHAHA sorry just clutching my ribs... "based on a result" ?!? wtf you smokin? 3-0 up then 4-1 up v a lower league side to end 5-5 in stoppage time. no thats a tremendous team peformance by the sounds of it roll on saturday. i'll hold my hands up if they've played well fair play (dont base it on goals they scored please im on about closing a flippin game out), but shipping 5 vs ssausagehorpe league one, yeh keogh buxton all way. i was at burton (if you made that one, im sure you did before you throw your dummy!) adebola wasted keogh. anyway i have no idea why ive replied to the quote just gonna lead to 'ive bin to more games than you yaddy yaadda yawn fest." sweet dreamin son shine. (thanks for the 'x')

keogh and buxton do look pretty solid tbf (went to the game) 1st goal was coutts giving the ball away and some good skill 2nd most teams would struggle to keep out 3rd wouldnt of happened if theo scored his pen 4th was an unlucky rebound and the 5th was a pen given away by jacobs so even though it sounds bad bucko and keogh look like a good pairing.

ok fair enough i see what your saying, you know cos you went to the game i respect that, and i hope your right i want them to be a good pairing! but you can say "if" and "wouldnt of happened if" about conceding any goal on the planet.

Archived