Colin Gibson Leaving Radio Derby

Gary Teale

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He explained that after 30 years it was time to move on, he used Maggie Thatcher as a example of someone who some "out stayed his/her welcome". He hasn't been pushed just feels it's the right time. I didn't hear any details on when he is leaving.

Not everyone's favorite person, but I've always enjoyed hearing him on the Radio, Good luck Gibbo what ever you decide to do.

Get fletcher back, he was superb.

Fletcher was awful, as is Bloomfield and Dawes as well. I had a feeling this would happen, another sad day for a Radio station that has gone downhill at a rapid rate.

These BBC goody boys who try to be nice to everybody are of no use to fans. We need experts who ask the tough questions and who are willing to hold senior people in the club to account.

Gibbo was prepared to do this, less so in the last few years but I thank him for his service to the people of Derbyshire.

Fletcher was awful, as is Bloomfield and Dawes as well. I had a feeling this would happen, another sad day for a Radio station that has gone downhill at a rapid rate.

These BBC goody boys who try to be nice to everybody are of no use to fans. We need experts who ask the tough questions and who are willing to hold senior people in the club to account.

Gibbo was prepared to do this, less so in the last few years but I thank him for his service to the people of Derbyshire.

I think they are all alright, just think they get compared to the great Graham Richards

I like(d) Gibbo, yes he can be a drone sometimes but he asked questions Bloomfield wouldn't. I just hope he's replaced with someone who supports Derby. Neutrality should go out the window in local coverage, that's why Roger Davies pees me off....sits on the fence all the time.

I like(d) Gibbo, yes he can be a drone sometimes but he asked questions Bloomfield wouldn't. I just hope he's replaced with someone who supports Derby. Neutrality should go out the window in local coverage, that's why Roger Davies pees me off....sits on the fence all the time.

Partisan yes, cheerleading no, if things are not right on or off the pitch then some backbone is needed to tell it how it is. I have not heard anything from Bloomfield or Dawes to suggest they are strong enough to do this.

No good Bloomfield interviewing Clough, fear oozes from his voice. Amusing though.

Archived