Derby County v S****horpe United

davenportram

Season starts now - hope we can put what has been a pretty bad pre-season behind us and get a win in our first competitive game. I do, however, think... 1-1 draw with Jacobs getting on the scoresheet.

Why has it been a bad pre-season? Fairly happy with how it has gone, I don't see why it is negative

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why has it been a bad pre-season? Fairly happy with how it has gone, I don't see why it is negative

id say its been bad.we only won once I believe.i feel sorry for the poor fans whove wasted their hard earned to watch these matches,(although i wouldnt waste my money on them.)

as for ssausagehorpe....penalties at best

id say its been bad.we only won once I believe.i feel sorry for the poor fans whove wasted their hard earned to watch these matches,(although i wouldnt waste my money on them.)

Then the first team have been played we've won two, drawn two (included the sunderland game) and only lost once (in the very first game when Mansfield were far ahead of us in fitness terms). Plus we've played some more than decent football in the 2 games I've seen, so I'm more than happy with how the preseason has gone.

The only "bad" pre-seasons are when you are thoroughly beaten every game or you pick up lots of injuries- we did neither, therefore it has been a successful pre-season. I would like to think that the fans who had parted with their hard earned were not expecting to see us pick our strongest team and go for the throat in each game.

We always go out in the first round of the league cup, just as we always win the first league game of the season in the same week.

derby 1- scunny 2.

outplayed for most of the game, our 1 is a consolation late in the game, from tyson or theo, whichever one came on as sub.

Not sure if Bryson is fit so I think it'll be -

-------------------------Ledgzins

Brayford--------Keogh-----O'Brien------Roberts

Ward-----------Coutts--------Hughes-----Jacobs

------------------Robinson----Tyson

If Bryson is fit -

-------------------------Ledgzins

Brayford--------Keogh-----O'Brien------Roberts

Coutts-----------Bryson--------Hughes-----Jacobs

------------------Robinson----Ward

We'll lose 1-3 and Jacobs will score our consulation

Ward is on N.I. duty so can't play

I'd like to revise my previous guess and go 1-0 scunny.

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton Roberts

Coutts Bryson Hughes/Hendrick Jacobs

Robinson Tyson

The striking department is embarressing

Hendrick is deffo not playing.

It's not been a brilliant preseason because we go into the season with injuries, although we don't know the fitness of the rest of the squad.

Does anyone go to a friendly to see their team win? That's not what they're about, so you shouldn't really, it's your problem if you forked out a tenner for a glorified training session.

Ssausagehorpe will be the best indicator yet as to how decent our preseason was, as that's what it's for - preparing for the proper stuff.

Its the League Cup 1st round

Derby 1 - 3 Ssausagehorpe

FGS - Robinson

Just to get us going and then business as usual.

I think the Olympics has drained me of all my optimism 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />

No optimism required for the olympics. Fair to say that we exceeded all expectations so therefore we should all surplus optimism to apply to the Rams

Archived