FourFourTwo Season Preview 2012-13

Brammie Steve

I forked out a fiver for the only football mag I intend buying this season as FourFourTwo has a season Preview fo all league Teams.

This is what Mike Harris has put in the Fan File

Dream Season...

We finish above tenth and Forest go bust. (I'd be happy to finish above 10th and above Forest, don't want them to go bust, better the one you know etc.)

One Change you'd make (I particularly like this) Can I have three?aught youoy

Return the kit to white and blue (don't agree, prefer the good old black & white)

Knock down Pride Park (Volunteers to help with this form an orderly queue)

Rebuild the Baseball Ground. (Absolutely agree 100%)

Have you got the right manager?

I think he is the man for the job, but the job isn't going to include us going up at any point. (Nige forever, but we are only 4-1 against us going down which is ridiculous IMO)

What advice would you give him?

Eat your greens, don't talk to strangers. Oh and play nice football. (Just like Barbara Clough always told you!)

Opposition player you despise..

Everyone who wears a Forest shirt. Lee Camp has a special place in my heart. (I don't despise anyone, doesn't mean I have to like everyone though)

Best away ground to visit.....

We have been given Blackpool as our last away trip this season and it's on a Saturday. We're already organising the party. (As long as someone brings the clown suits and flip-flops)

Should Nigel Clough be doing better in the transfer market?

He would if he had any money. His buys are sensible and steady. (agreed, you only have to look at Nathan Tiger Tyson)

(comments in red are mine. It then gives a website you may have heard of 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> dcfcfans.co.uk

What does anyone else reckon? How would you answer these questions?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dream Season...

We finish above tenth with Forest a place or two out of the relegation zone.

One Change you'd make

Rebuild the BBG. but only after safe standing had been pushed through with a landslide victory.

I don't think anyone else would have worked with the Americans quite as well as Clough has. So yes.

Eat your greens, don't talk to strangers. Oh and play nice football. (Just like Barbara Clough always told you!)

Without a shadow of a doubt, it has to be Lee Camp. His 'swagger' everytime I see him play just makes my rage build. Which makes it all the sweeter when we make him look a right mug. Especially when Wardy did it on that fateful day last year..

I haven't really experienced many away grounds, but Forest atmosphere when we play is something else.

I'm happy with the signings he has made, going about transfer dealings in the right way, bringing in the youth as well as letting our own grow, and signing a couple of experienced players who can help.

Dream Season...

we challenge for playoffs and forest go down.

One Change you'd make

try and get an atmosphere into pride park. Try and fill game, in game out

i don't know transfer wise yeah. But he's made some strange tactical decisions.

don't play players out of position and don't use 4-5-1. and be a bit more charismatic.

Lee Camp or Robert Snodgrass both cocky little ***** who think they're better than they actually are.

don't really do away matches but I've been to Blackpool and enjoyed that so probably Bloomfield road. they had padded seats as well.

done well so far all we need is that striker and we're sorted.

I reckon you should be a comedian mate.

I agree, but I think that is side stepping the questions. What would you put as the answers if those questions were put to you and you knew they were going into print!

He'll answer at 3.00am ish Steve. Should be worth staying up for.

Dream Season...

Beat Forest in the play off final.

One Change you'd make

Fook the friday night games off.

He was the right man at the right time, we needed stability after 9 managers in 8 years or so. If he does challenge for the play offs with the financial constraints he's had to work under that will be the benchmark for other clubs to aspire to. Unless the Thais and Kuwaitis buy every club that is.........

Don't read forums..

He's gone now but it was Gunter, snidey little coward, starts trouble then hides behind others..

Its gotta be Blackpool this season, last away match, Saturday, 3.00pm kick off - partyyyyyyyy.

No. He's over achieved already imo......would love to see what he could do with a budget!

Dream Season...

Promotion and a good cup run

One Change you'd make

Saturday 3pm and Tuesday 7.45pm only

Not convinced, this season there are no excuses. His squad and no deadwood.

Don't go to negative hoofball if we have a bad run.

El-Hadji Diouf

Falmer seems like one of the best of the "new" stadiums.

Some good buys, but has had some shockers!

Dream Season...

Do the treble over Forest and the double over Leeds, beating either of them in the playoffs to go up.

One Change you'd make

Safe Standing at Pride Park

Yes

Get fit and partner Theo

Like Steve I don't despise any but Camp can have a wave and a song from me any day.

Shitty Ground packed full of Rams, ave it!

Like the song - we're not famous any more so it's hard to attract quality players, so he's had to find an alternative.

Done a brill job, got rid of the ***** and now has players fighting for shirts.

I'm just a young 'un so used to 7.45, any reason why it changed?

My bro says it was because locals couldn't leave work at 5.30, get their tea, and get to the BBG by 7.30, so they put it back by 15 mins after they found that a lot of folk were missing the first 25 mins.

Clubs cared about their supporters until not too long ago.

My bro says it was because locals couldn't leave work at 5.30, get their tea, and get to the BBG by 7.30, so they put it back by 15 mins after they found that a lot of folk were missing the first 25 mins.

Clubs cared about their supporters until not too long ago.

I thought it was to allow the lads more time to ambush the away fans on London Road?

Dream Season...

Promotion. Come on we have to be ambitious!

One Change you'd make

Move the vocal home supporters into the south stand and the away supporters into the corner so the acoustics and atmosphere are in our favour.

He cares about the club a lot and if we had a big name manager instead we wouldn't really do much better (as demonstrated by Jewell) so yes.

I'm not in a position to. It's his job not mine.

Lee Camp for obvious reasons and Kenny Miller because he was paid a lot of money by us and didn't try.

I can't really afford to go to away matches but probably Elland Road just for the noise and intensity we make there.

He's done well signing Jacobs and Coutts but as much as I hate to say it I'd rather we didn't have them and we'd kept Shackell instead.

Dream Season...

Promotion. Come on we have to be ambitious!

One Change you'd make

Move the vocal home supporters into the south stand and the away supporters into the corner so the acoustics and atmosphere are in our favour.

He cares about the club a lot and if we had a big name manager instead we wouldn't really do much better (as demonstrated by Jewell) so yes.

I'm not in a position to. It's his job not mine.

Lee Camp for obvious reasons and Kenny Miller because he was paid a lot of money by us and didn't try.

I can't really afford to go to away matches but probably Elland Road just for the noise and intensity we make there.

He's done well signing Jacobs and Coutts but as much as I hate to say it I'd rather we didn't have them and we'd kept Shackell instead.

Right on Joe, You had me worried with the bit about Elland Road until I read on. a nice balanced response which shows the feelings of a deep thinking fan who clearly loves ,and cares about, DCFC.

A certain Brian Clough mentioned promotion to an average second division club when he went there from Hartlepool, "they all Laughed" (to quote Gershwin). we can dream can't we?

Archived