FourFourTwo Season Preview 2012-13

Brammie Steve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dream Season...

Just missing out on promotion, playing some brilliant football, teaching a lesson to Forest and Leeds along the way.

One Change you'd make

Pride Park. It needs more atmosphere and more stuff to separate it from the Riverside/St Mary's besides the seat colour.

Have you got the right manager?

Ive sometimes not been totally convinced but I would welcome suggestions at who would do better. The plan is becoming clearer now. People forget he's a young manager who's still learning his trade as much as some of our young players. Made some howling mistakes, many of which I don't think he will make again.

What advice would you give him?

Remember that interviews with the local press shouldn't just be used as mind games with your players - people actually read the papers and try to find something to worry about in everything you say.

Opposition player you despise..

David N'Gog. Paid so much for so little. What does he actually do? Always stood out for being poor IMO.

Best away ground to visit.....

London Road. Or the City Ground on certain results.....

Should Nigel Clough be doing better in the transfer market?

8/10 for me given what he has, but a decent striker short of perfection. But there's still time.

Dream Season...

Promotion with Forest going the other way

One Change you'd make

Trent Barton to run a match day service to Pride Park so I can use the bus with the family on a zigzag ticket and have a few beers

Dont know. Frustrates at times but we have stated up with players who are young and inexperienced. Maybe something there

Ignore want to be managers on forums

Lee Camp

City Ground for the atmosphere

Barnsley because my wife's family are tykes

8/10 for me given what he has, but a decent striker short of perfection. But there's still time.

Dream Season...

Promotion with florest just outside the rel zone on goal difference.

One Change you'd make

Home fans behind both goals, away fans stuck in a corner, standing areas.

yes, too many merry go round managers who don't give a f**k about the clubs they manage.

Keep doing what he's doing and ignore arse heads on forums who think they can manage.

Lee Camp, Tevez, John terry, Ashley cole.

City Ground & Filbert street for the atmosphere, Barnsley & Oldham co's their supporters were the friendliest iv'e ever seen

I can't see how he can do any better with bog all to spend.

Dream Season:

Play positive football, no "clean sheet" bollux every week. Try and win. Settle into a style, if we're going to play hoofball we need bigger stronger players/striker. If we use wing play we need wingers who can beat defenders on both sides and deliver. If we're going for the possession approach it needs lots of patience. Then wherever we finish we'll know what players suit and who doesn't. We can progress.

One Change You'd Make:

An atmosphere at Pride Park. It's dead.

Have You Got The Right Manager:

Yes. Has his faults as do all managers. Bit stubborn and has his favourite players but he feels like 'one of us' and there's no good reason for him to be sacked. Other clubs chop and change everytime they lose 5 games.

What Advice Would You Give Him

Effort shouldn't always win over ability. Ability is easily as important in all jobs.

Opposition Players You Despise

Camp. Nob on the pitch. Nob off the pitch. Gunter. Cheat and will always be a dirty Forest barstool whatever he does. All your overrated arrogant premiership celebs. Mostly English.

Best Away Ground To Visit

City Ground (that'll please Dawnie). Love it.

Should Nigel Be Doing Better In The Transfer Market?

Show me a manager that hasn't wasted money. Redknapp is labelled a hero and he's wasted a fair bit more than Clough. If you've got money to chuck about and your bound to strike gold. When you've got nowt everything needs to be right. Much harder task.

all good answers, except one....

http://viewfromthedolequeue.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/dunce_cap

go sit on the naughty step, WR... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

you bad,bad boy..

I must be getting old and decrepit, I grew up fighting his battles for him, now he is defending me! what goes around comes around. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Why is the middle brother big, ball-shaped and bald?

Right on Joe, You had me worried with the bit about Elland Road until I read on. a nice balanced response which shows the feelings of a deep thinking fan who clearly loves ,and cares about, DCFC.

A certain Brian Clough mentioned promotion to an average second division club when he went there from Hartlepool, "they all Laughed" (to quote Gershwin). we can dream can't we?

Cheers I was just trying to be honest. I don't like re-reading the answer I made to the last question but it's still the way I feel about this summer's dealings unfortunately.

One change you would make: Move all home games to friday 19:45 kick off. Makes for a good friday night and leaves the weekend free to do other stuff.

It's an interesting idea this. It probably wouldn't go down well with most English fans but I think I'd like adapting this continental style.

Like in Spain going to the football is part of a night out. Go to a few city bars/restaurant first, watch the football then go to more bars after. The atmosphere always seems to be better at nights too!

Whoever wrote that article must have been a really intelligent, funny, handsome, cute, clever, svelt, tanned.....ok, i admit it, it was me..!

Glad you all liked it...!! And dont forget...eat your greens...

Whatever they paid you, it's not enough!

(Did they pay you at all BTW 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> )

It's certainly giving us food for thought!

One change you would make: Move all home games to friday 19:45 kick off. Makes for a good friday night and leaves the weekend free to do other stuff.

As a shiftworker this is the stupidist idea i have read, my friend where i work already returned her season ticket after they put 3 fixtures back to friday nights, her and myself find it hard enough to get midweek games as it is, Friday nights were the end for her and if all home games went to fridays it would end my supporting of the RAMS and suspect alot more Rams fans who work shifts

Whatever they paid you, it's not enough!

(Did they pay you at all BTW 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> )

It's certainly giving us food for thought!

They gave me a couple of million for it of course!!?

I have wrote a few articles for them, great magazine and turns out, a decent piece on the Rams.!

Archived