Mason Bennett

perzy7

Booing Hughes would have been ridiculous. Even during his dip in form he could control a ball.

Maybe we need to boo the other players until their first touch is perfect, that should work. You wonder why Clough doesn't try that on the training ground.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but how is an inexperienced 16 year old gonna help. 

Ask Rooney when he was at Everton , or Owen when he was Liverpool , not comparing Bennett to them as a player but the only way he is going to get experience and start scoring is by playing 

Doesn't look good enough or ready to me.

One way to find out Franco ,,, nothing to play for now so why not give him minutes on the pitch for the games we have left,, a good preseason could get his experience and confidence up for next season

One way to find out Franco ,,, nothing to play for now so why not give him minutes on the pitch for the games we have left,, a good preseason could get his experience and confidence up for next season

Like I've said. I'm all for him getting game time, what I don't get is why people seem to think he's our saviour.

Mason Bennett, has looked very good for youth teams, and seems to be quite clinical, he's strong and quick and will undoubtedly be much better than sammon or Martin will ever be in the future. If we don't give him a chance we may never know, could be the next academy player to come in and really make an impact and what's more, he certainly wouldn't lack desire, something Martin appears to

I dont think its a question of him not having the ability. Clough has never been one to be scared of throwing a player in. Maybe he feels Bennett isn't ready mentally yet. 

If he comes in and misses a few sitters his confidence could be down and it could slow his development.

Yes but how is an inexperienced 16 year old gonna help. I'd like him to get some game time but the way people go on about him you'd think we'd have ibrahimvic on the bench.

Playing as a striker his in experience wouldn't matter when compared with our current attacking options. What is the worst he can do? Have a bad touch, play a rubbish pass, have a poor shot? 

Why all of a sudden is everyone pinning their hopes on him?

It's his turn.

Then when he fails....

"Booooooooo"

Sound familiar?

Archived