Number 9 - Nathan "God" Tyson

Ambitious

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is if we are going say in respect of Shackell its a team game you have to say the same for Tyson. I went to every home game and when he played he was looking for the runs to use his speed he was sat on the last man calling for the ball to be dinked over but it never came and when it did it was too late as the defence was back in order and he was being put into the corners not through on goal. The reason it never went to him was the full backs (not Brayford as he does look for the through ball but he was injured when Tyson was fit) passed sideways. We have seen Roberts delay the ball down the line to Ward when he is on his toes waiting for the pass he always passes sideways to the midfield or the CB. The problem then is that split second hesitation stops the through ball. Tyso chased everything when the defence had and into the corners and could hold the ball up for him.

The only time I saw Derby use the ball for him to run onto was Villa last season preseason game and behalf time they took Tyson out and that was the first time I saw Maguire and Maguire looked good with him because Tyson did his running for him

Theo managed it, are you saying that the only attribute to his game is pace ? He played 23 games last year, I cant really remember him going close with an effort, let alone scoring.

My ramsplayer and laptop freezes every time I click on the Tyson interview does anyone elses?

Glad he's got his goal, maybe he can get a few more now. Good to hear most of the lads are still behind him with the Nathan Tyson is a ram anorl because that's exactly what he needs, not aaarghh when he gets the ball even though it's quite tempting sometimes 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Lovely interview with Nathan on ramsplayer. Everyone should be made to watch it and then they could decide

for themsleves whether he deserves the continued stick he gets.

Everything is crossed from me hoping the lad has a decent start to the season.

Same here. I've always said he's poor but he is a nice bloke and I have no idea why some fans at matches want him to fail.

Theo managed it, are you saying that the only attribute to his game is pace ? He played 23 games last year, I cant really remember him going close with an effort, let alone scoring.

He played in 23 games of them how many was as substitutes, how many times did he have a run of games without the old injury flaring up etc who was in the team at the time. There was a couple of games where he came close and one was just down from you if you are indeed from Leeds 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> . Away game at Leeds defender in first minute scrambles a header of the line deying him first goal last year.

His speed will always be an asset as I think he is quicker than Theo but would be a good race to watch (More than Bolts was in the Olympics). His determination to get on the end of the ball. As I said before his vision to spot a gap where a ball needs to be played for him to utilise not his fault other players do not see it. His heading and holding up play is not that bad. He put good and dangerour crosses in the box. He won the freekick which led to Buxtons goal against the Scum. Will always put a shift in up front chasing defenders even when not fully fit knowing he could get injured again (i.e. Derby at Forest when just came on).

Further to this he has the patience to put up with some idiots at the beginning of the season when he was signing autographs outside the shop at the ground for kids and posing for photographs shouting abuse and swearing at him. He kept the smile on his face and carried on professionally.

As always with forums you get some one who likes a player, someone who can see past the nonense behind the player and support him and understand the logisitics and problems of recovering from ijuries and then there are the ones who would be only happy when he does achieve 'god' status and shoots fire out of his arse and if he doesn't do that then he is flop.

At the end of the day I would put myself in the middle one as a sportsman who had his career cut short after a string of injuries and the mental and physical anguish this causes and the amount of work it takes to recover from the injury I am more than happy to wait and give him time this season and I will see how things are going in December as there are other players as well as him who can score goals within the team.

He set himself up to be shot at, and Derby fans will back him if he comes good, we saw what Savage was able to do and beat the boo boys, I hope he does, but last season he did not perform and deserved to be labelled as a flop.

Savage only beat the boo boys because of his continuous bum licking and waving scarf at city ground not because he suddenly became a good performer it's no coincidence since this boys gone we are a whole lot better. As for all this loving of Tyson it's been a whole year he scored in a friendly wow let's all clap hands unfortunately I can see this costing Theo his place for few games which is ridicules

As always with forums you get some one who likes a player, someone who can see past the nonense behind the player and support him and understand the logisitics and problems of recovering from ijuries and then there are the ones who would be only happy when he does achieve 'god' status and shoots fire out of his arse and if he doesn't do that then he is flop.

So out of interest, what would you label Maguire as ?

Im sure the violins are going in the background for poor Tyson and his hard life, and you can dress it up as much as you like, but he didnt perform last season, there are also people on forums that dont have DCFC blinkers on and can see when a player has not been an attribute to the team, they hope he will come good but it still dosen't detract that last season he played poorly.

Hard to judge a defender to be honest as you can only base their ability on what they come up against but he didn't have to many worries at all

I would say there are a couple of worries. He often got turned too easily and he quite often made Shackell go ape for being horribly out of position.

No doubt he has potential but he has to iron out those mistakes to establish himself at our level.

if tyson is fit... he's going to be very useful this year. all this 20 goal a season man is all well and good.. every team wants one... in whatever league. but we've got a few lads here i wouldnt put past getting towards 10 each for a season.. if davies stayed you'd have more too. and we'll proberbly get a loan in too.

Archived