When do forest away tickets go on sale

i84est

Fine, I must be hard of thinking. I don't think you have but you obviously aren't going to put it into simple terms for me.

You must be indeed. I have already put it simply and if you cannot grasp that then that is your problem. However I shall put it in such simple terms that my dog could understand it.

1) A football club is like a community it isn't just a business in my view.

2) If someone buys a season ticket or goes to a lot of away games they should have priority to the big away games rather than someone who has just paid £25 to go to a big away game.

3) This system is deeply unfair as it negates people who have saved all year for a season ticket and can't afford membership so may miss out. It allows someone who hasn't invested much time or money to sneak in the backdoor and get tickets for the biggest away game of the season. This would also happen during play off matches which would cause a bigger furore in my view.

4) This also links in with common complaints about how money is too important in football now rather than caring about the average fan. Before your ability to go to the big games was predicated on how many away games you had been to and if you had a season ticket with a membership as a top up. Now it is based upon someone having a spare £25, this to me symbolizes that Derby County and even football nowadays isn't about passion, loyalty or anything else in its supporters, it is simply about if you have more money than the next person.

5) To address this problem I would introduce the old system of membership on top of a season ticket and allocating tickets based on the number of away games you have been to. This would ensure fairness and it would mean that even those without season tickets who go to a number of away games would have a chance of getting the big game tickets. This isn't perfect but in my view it would be the best compromise.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must be indeed. I have already put it simply and if you cannot grasp that then that is your problem. However I shall put it in such simple terms that my dog could understand it.

2) If someone buys a season ticket or goes to a lot of away games they should have priority to the big away games rather than someone who has just paid £25 to go to a big away game.

3) This system is deeply unfair as it negates people who have saved all year for a season ticket and can't afford membership so may miss out. It allows someone who hasn't invested much time or money to sneak in the backdoor and get tickets for the biggest away game of the season. This would also happen during play off matches which would cause a bigger furore in my view.

4) This also links in with common complaints about how money is too important in football now rather than caring about the average fan. Before your ability to go to the big games was predicated on how many away games you had been to and if you had a season ticket with a membership as a top up. Now it is based upon someone having a spare £25, this to me symbolizes that Derby County and even football nowadays isn't about passion, loyalty or anything else in its supporters, it is simply about if you have more money than the next person.

5) To address this problem I would introduce the old system of membership on top of a season ticket and allocating tickets based on the number of away games you have been to. This would ensure fairness and it would mean that even those without season tickets who go to a number of away games would have a chance of getting the big game tickets. This isn't perfect but in my view it would be the best compromise.

Are you a west stander? Never heard so much bull in my live, 25pound isn't the earth fixtures come out in June that's 3 months to save if things are that tight plus I'd imagine it would cost a fair bit waiting on the phone or taking the day off to get one when they go on sale to season ticket holders, and for somebody that blabs on about investing in the team the club will never get such an easy 25pounds in the season as all you get is a plastic card they haven't got to give you a seat every game that will cost the club to staff for stewards and police and cleaners just a plastic card that gives you little perks don't see a problem if you can afford a season ticket you can afford membership

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/18/129003613325893605

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Are you a west stander? Never heard so much bull in my live, 25pound isn't the earth fixtures come out in June that's 3 months to save if things are that tight plus I'd imagine it would cost a fair bit waiting on the phone or taking the day off to get one when they go on sale to season ticket holders, and for somebody that blabs on about investing in the team the club will never get such an easy 25pounds in the season as all you get is a plastic card they haven't got to give you a seat every game that will cost the club to staff for stewards and police and cleaners just a plastic card that gives you little perks don't see a problem if you can afford a season ticket you can afford membership

No I sit in the east stand corner, also it is life not live (It seems you often sit in the East stand corner with your literacy standards I often have to put up with ****** who sit next to me). I disagree with your point of view, if for £25 anyone can skip ahead of supposed valued season ticket holders for priority I think something has gone drastically wrong with the way we distribute tickets. This could also happen in the play offs where people go along for one game ahead of people who have been to numerous home and away games which is blatantly wrong. Also no matter how you put it a season ticket is a bigger, a more substantial and a more faith ridden investment than a £25 membership. I think the membership should be an add on for season ticket holders but not for anyone. It doesn't take long on the phone and you could go before work or on your lunch break which wouldn't cost anything. I do believe this issue links in with how money has infested football and created it to be something other than what we want.

I think if money is especially tight (there are around 7 million people on the brink of poverty where one bad bill could put them over the edge) then while £25 might not seem a lot it might not be affordable as other things keep on coming up. There are people who save up all year for season tickets use birthday money to set it aside etc etc. However the affordability is a secondary point and is of little consequence towards the ethical issue of the ticket structure in my view which you didn't address at all. In fact it would be better if the card was £100 because then it would stop people going for just one game to buy it.

You still don't get the fact people buy season tickets to watch derby county not to invest in the team, if you want to invest I'm sure you could ring Glick up and give him 500 pound for nothing in return but you don't do you you buy a season ticket to watch football

You still don't get the fact people buy season tickets to watch derby county not to invest in the team, if you want to invest I'm sure you could ring Glick up and give him 500 pound for nothing in return but you don't do you you buy a season ticket to watch football

You miss the point completely and thus I am terminating this particular communication because it is pointless trying to engage you any further.

I can see where YR is coming from a tad.

I just think the fairest way is a loyalty scheme, the more games you go to, the more "points" you build up... the bigger your priority. Stops people coming out the woodwork and might slightly improve our away attendances if people had to go to other games for a Forest ticket!

I just think the fairest way is a loyalty scheme, the more games you go to, the more "points" you build up... the bigger your priority. Stops people coming out the woodwork and might slightly improve our away attendances if people had to go to other games for a Forest ticket!

That is what we used to have Mr Tibbs which is something I would be in favour of 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Completely agree but as it stands pay 25pound to garentee a ticket everybody knows where they stand. If you had a membership would you use it?

Young Ram can turn the most innocent thread, like this one, simply asking when Forest tickets come out, into a full blown bloody debate.

Tip of the hat to you YR 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thank you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> Imagine if I had been a commander in a war, I would have been like Patton I just keep driving on 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thank you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> Imagine if I had been a commander in a war, I would have been like Patton I just keep driving on 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Well you wouldn't be on the front line would you as wouldn't be fair on the rest of your army who are loyal to cause who have been in all the smaller battles it just wouldn't be ethical for you to be there would it.

Well you wouldn't be on the front line would you as wouldn't be fair on the rest of your army who are loyal to cause who have been in all the smaller battles it just wouldn't be ethical for you to be there would it.

Oh dear me, I almost feel sorry for you sir however I cannot even muster that emotion up for you. I find you unintentionally funny 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> If we are talking about meritocracy in the army then the best troops should be involved in the best battles because it increases the chances of victory along with big numbers such as in the battle of Kursk.

Oh dear me, I almost feel sorry for you sir however I cannot even muster that emotion up for you. I find you unintentionally funny 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> If we are talking about meritocracy in the army then the best troops should be involved in the best battles because it increases the chances of victory along with big numbers such as in the battle of Kursk.

Please don't talk like that I'm an "east stand moron"

Which places you in the lowest category of moron 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Ok if I see where's wolly in z block end of September I'll know you've used that bloody membership card, temptation should get the better of you. Fair play if you don't use it if that's how you feel just can't see the sense in it that's all, so will you use the membership or is it purely just a generous donation to the club to pay a steward for the day or something. I know you used to get discount in the club shop with membership but if you took the discount would that be taking investment away from the club?

Ok if I see where's wolly in z block end of September I'll know you've used that bloody membership card, temptation should get the better of you. Fair play if you don't use it if that's how you feel just can't see the sense in it that's all, so will you use the membership or is it purely just a generous donation to the club to pay a steward for the day or something. I know you used to get discount in the club shop with membership but if you took the discount would that be taking investment away from the club?

I don't read waldo more like Dostoyevsky, Christopher Hitchens, the new statesman or something from the I.I.S.S. I will use it for home games and I won't use it for the club shop as I don't buy anything in there. I would point out just because you don't see the sense it doesn't mean the sense doesn't exist.

I don't read waldo more like Dostoyevsky, Christopher Hitchens, the new statesman or something from the I.I.S.S. I will use it for home games and I won't use it for the club shop as I don't buy anything in there. I would point out just because you don't see the sense it doesn't mean the sense doesn't exist.

You seem to be a clever guy but you've clearly decided your going to watch this in the pub because it's on sky, you can cover it up as much as you want but your excuses dont cut it with me fella, as you've decided your going to watch it on the box why post on a thread that's asking when tickets are released as you clearly don't want to go so why would you know when tickets are released

You seem to be a clever guy but you've clearly decided your going to watch this in the pub because it's on sky, you can cover it up as much as you want but your excuses dont cut it with me fella, as you've decided your going to watch it on the box why post on a thread that's asking when tickets are released as you clearly don't want to go so why would you know when tickets are released

Have I said I will not go? In the past couple of times at the city ground tickets have gone on general sale I believe. I deplore sky and their stranglehold on the football empire that rules the majority of males in this country so I shall watch it at home on a live stream which undermines sky. Also I don't really drink thus a pub isn't really my scene 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived