When do forest away tickets go on sale

i84est

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there many tickets left after the membership week? As this will be my first Forest away game, a day after I pass out from phrase 1 training as well.

got mine the last 3 seasons after membership week. as long as you (or someone you know) is prepared to queue up either in person or on the phone lines..last couple of seasons we have asked for more tickets...and got them........

we filled their ground for them!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I don't think one can equate Alton Towers to Derby County mainly because a football club isn't like a company, people do care passionately about it unlike Alton Towers. Your example was also wrong and a strawman, first of all those that don't buy a fast track are still basically guaranteed a place on the ride, this is not the case with away matches like Forest. Imagine the uproar if in Alton Towers you didn't buy a fast track ticket you could not get on the ride? I do believe that those who buy season tickets should be above those who make a fast track fee at Alton towers, because they part with extra money based on loyalty to that brand and they should be rewarded for that.

If someone who has paid £450 for a season ticket but doesn't have £25 spare that month for a membership and the tickets are sold out I do believe it is wrong for someone with £25 just to come up and nick a ticket for the biggest away game of the season. It isn't cutting my nose off to spite my face because I am doing it in my view for a logical and ethically correct reason. I would feel guilty that someone who had made an investment for their love of the club couldn't attend because I paid £25 quid.

No I don't believe it is, because season ticket holders can get to home games thus the loyalty to the brand isn't compromised to let people in for advanced access to the big games while some not so loyal fans get in through the backdoor. The season ticket holders are guaranteed their place at the game. If you're a season ticket holder and you wish to pay for a membership to have access to that one game then fair enough, you're a season ticket holder and you pay extra for that privilege.

Personally I wish the club would install the old scheme for popular away games where you have to have attended so many away games and apply through writing to buy them, this was the old system and it encouraged away attendances for the smaller games so you could go to the big, important ones and it rewarded those who did go often and made sure they didn't miss out. The time of which you could apply was dependent upon how many away games you had been to, the more you attended the earlier you could ask and were given higher priority.

That would only work if we actually sold out away games regularly instead of just 1, if you measure loyalty buy people who have a season ticket against people that don't I mustn't be very loyal but I would have one if it was appropriate or I could afford it.

That would only work if we actually sold out away games regularly instead of just 1, if you measure loyalty buy people who have a season ticket against people that don't I mustn't be very loyal but I would have one if it was appropriate or I could afford it.

No I don't think it would neccesarily, I think it would give us a chance to build up our support and I do think even if it only came to pass for one game then it would still be worthwhile. Well season ticket holders do invest money prior to the season it is a faith investment, of course with the database Derby has one could single out people without season tickets who had made it to a good deal of games and give them special dispensation.

Young Ram, as much as I admire you sticking to your guns and principles I would say if you get a membership then get a ticket during members priority. It's only a football game after all, there are more important things to worry about than 'jumping the imaginary ticket' queue.

Young Ram, as much as I admire you sticking to your guns and principles I would say if you get a membership then get a ticket during members priority. It's only a football game after all, there are more important things to worry about than 'jumping the imaginary ticket' queue.

I know but to me it would be an unethical action and I would be a hypocrite. I know it is only a football game and as you put it jumping an imaginary queue isn't that important but I do feel strongly that this is part of the problem with football clubs today. That loyalty matters not compared with that extra bit of cash which is part of the reason why we complain about sky tv, moving the games from a saturday to a friday night and charge extortionate ticket prices which are out of many peoples reach.

But you haven't paid for the membership for the sole reason of getting a forest ticket . Take it for what it is a benefit you have for buying the membership for a genuine reason.

Yes but what about people who have purchased their season tickets in good faith, they have made an investment which in comparison to mine is substantial. I think these do deserve priority over me because they make that investment. If I had my way it would be given on the amount of away games attended as that would be fair 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I shall stop going on about it but I don't think it is right I must admit.

But it us known that away priority is given to members, do season ticket holders can't whine about it.

I know they know but a membership and a ticket would be in excess of £50 which many season ticket holders couldn't afford for one month. I do question why they should have the possibility of missing out I really do question that and it doesn't sit right with me.

In my view it is 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Of course what is ethical and unethical is a matter of opinion. Dav I realise that however the Forest game is early on in the season giving people less chance to buy a membership and why should they.

I'm not sure how you possibly think it is?

It seems some people think ST holders and the only "real" fans.

I'm not sure how you possibly think it is?

It seems some people think ST holders and the only "real" fans.

If you don't know why you obviously haven't bothered to read my previous posts and therefore I am not responding to your first part of that question. I am not suggesting that they are the only 'real' fans, I am myself not a season ticket holder this season yet I view myself as a big a supporter of Derby County as I have always been. I do think those who buy a season ticket generally deserve priority over those who don't for big away games.

If you don't know why you obviously haven't bothered to read my previous posts and therefore I am not responding to your first part of that question.

No, you've said you won't do it because you've complained about others doing it in the past. What I don't understand is why you think there's anything wrong with it in the first place?

No, you've said you won't do it because you've complained about others doing it in the past. What I don't understand is why you think there's anything wrong with it in the first place?

I have also detailed why it is in my view unethical.

Fine, I must be hard of thinking. I don't think you have but you obviously aren't going to put it into simple terms for me.

He's trying to say that season ticket holders have invested more money into the club than say me who will make about 8 - 10 games a season plus forest away and a membership, get the feeling he thinks people buy season tickets to fund the club, maybe it's me but I pay to see the rams and I don't think about what my money is being spent on

Archived