Valentin Gjokaj

ShermanCardenas

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In talks with Luzern over the fee (nominal) I didn't realise there was a fee - makes sense I guess - I could not understand how he could be all that good if they were letting him go..

If he's under 24, he'll need a fee for a bosman; so it'll be a fee regardless

Nominal fee? What happened to undisclosed??? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

It will still be undisclosed - you need to get your terminology sorted

Nominal undisclosed is a small fee - i.e. Addison

undisclosed is mid-range - i.e. Coutts

Significant undisclosed is large - i.e. Keogh

Feck all is what you get for Lee Croft

If he's under 24, he'll need a fee for a bosman; so it'll be a fee regardless

The compensation tules only apply if his current club offer him a new contract (on at least the same terms as his current one). Presumably Lucerne have so we have to pay, but Hoganson for example, won't cost anything since Newcastle have just released him.

I hate the phrase 'nominal fee'.. well of course its nominal, its a number! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Not that undisclosed is any better..

*nerd rant over*

Nominal actually refers to the fact that its a fee only in name, not in practice. That is, it is negligible in the grand scheme of things. The word nominal also refers to something being in name only, it isn't to do with something being a number...

So yeah, its basically is meant to portray that its a fee in name only, that is its a very small fee, but still not a free transfer.

I thought bosman fee only applied if the player moved from a team in the same fa as the team he's moved from. Pretty sure chris porter played for Oldham scored a few goals and they thought they'd get compo but moved to Scotland and they got fack all

Compensation fee's are payable on both domestic and international transfers, but the rules are different. For domestic transfers it's for players under 24 with the the fee's agreed by the clubs (or a tribunal if they can't agree). For international transfers, it's under 23 with the fee's pretty much proscribed by FIFA laws (£x per year of training at different ages at the club etc).

I think Porter was 23 when he moved to Scotland, as was Joe Ledley, hence no compensation.

Compensation fee's are payable on both domestic and international transfers, but the rules are different. For domestic transfers it's for players under 24 with the the fee's agreed by the clubs (or a tribunal if they can't agree). For international transfers, it's under 23 with the fee's pretty much proscribed by FIFA laws (£x per year of training at different ages at the club etc).

I think Porter was 23 when he moved to Scotland, as was Joe Ledley, hence no compensation.

Thanks knew there was a loop hole somewhere just couldn't be arsed to look for it

Archived