Owners !!

observer

Financial times are getting worse and worse and the owners won't invest at the times like these. Our owners might not invest more money even if things get better.

No matter what the economy is like I don't think our owners will ever have that much interest in us.

Some of them spend large amounts of money that they’ve set aside for ‘sports’ but they spend it on their local clubs - like the Chicago Cubs and the Vancouver Whitecaps. They mainly do it for fun and prestige as far as I can tell.

They don’t have anything like the same interest or ambition as far as DCFC is concerned. They could provide Clough with enough funds out of their loose change to make us genuinely competitive. Sadly they’ve chosen a different, more stagnant, path for us to take.

Never mind eh, once FFP kicks in...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what the economy is like I don't think our owners will ever have that much interest in us.

Some of them spend large amounts of money that they’ve set aside for ‘sports’ but they spend it on their local clubs - like the Chicago Cubs and the Vancouver Whitecaps. They mainly do it for fun and prestige as far as I can tell.

They don’t have anything like the same interest or ambition as far as DCFC is concerned. They could provide Clough with enough funds out of their loose change to make us genuinely competitive. Sadly they’ve chosen a different, more stagnant, path for us to take.

Never mind eh, once FFP kicks in...

Don't care how rich they're losing millions would still hurt, if they wanted out they could easily find the exit. I don't think they're as carefree as some fans think, they just have an ideology of how they want this 'project' to work and to grow, which is in the best interest of the club and them.

Sadly for us, it isn't blowing millions of pounds on the first team.

Don't care how rich they're losing millions would still hurt, if they wanted out they could easily find the exit. I don't think they're as carefree as some fans think, they just have an ideology of how they want this 'project' to work and to grow, which is in the best interest of the club and them.

Sadly for us, it isn't blowing millions of pounds on the first team.

I agree, losing millions isn’t something anyone wants to do – which is probably why our investors haven’t been able to easily find an exit. Other than that it’s beyond me why they’re still sticking around.

I must admit to not having read those articles where our owners talk about their ‘ideology’ and their ‘project’ regarding DCFC. However, here’s a couple of links that suggest they might prefer to take their fun, money, interest, and ambition elsewhere.

Here’s an older one regarding Tom Riggotts first love.

[url=http://magazine.uchicago.edu/1008/features/heres-the-pitch.shtml]http://magazine.uchi...the-pitch.shtml

Here’s a more recent one about Jeff Mallet using 25% of his fortune (many 10’s of millions) to indulge his sporting interests.

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/jeff-mallett-a-dot-com-moguls-sporting-life/article4275686/]http://www.theglobea...article4275686/

Time will tell if GSE are running the club perfectly or not, but in the case of a sugardaddy, your instantly know your club is not being run perfectly, and when they leave you're f(_)cked.

I genuinely would prefer GSE to a sugardaddy, and I'm not sure how much more involved the club can be in the community. Where the owners come from and what their accent is is not something which bothers me. Whoever owns your club is a businessman first and maybe a fan second - no more.

Still dunno about GSE, but the way they hold their guns makes and the confidence they have for their way is something I have a lot of respect for.

If(as some on here are saying)we are not interested in their money or at least not to invest in good players

why did we all get excited when we discovered we had some (alleged) billionaires on board?After all it

wasn't for their intimate knowledge of how football works in this country.

We have been in debt before and have had a poxed team before, but not very often at the same time, as now.

Mostly when we have been in debt the team has been pretty good, and a few times simply fantastic.

I know which one is better for the fans.

Some of the comments by the board lovers on here are painful to read. Muespach Ram - you don't want Derby to go up? That is such a pathetic comment I can only assume that you are being deliberately bloody minded. If you don't want success for your team you should find another activity to partake in. Mind you, under this board and manager you will get your wish - we are going nowhere. I just want an owner who realises that you sometimes have to Invest decent money to succeed and a manager who can be trusted to spend that money wisely.

Some of the comments by the board lovers on here are painful to read. Muespach Ram - you don't want Derby to go up? That is such a pathetic comment I can only assume that you are being deliberately bloody minded. If you don't want success for your team you should find another activity to partake in. Mind you, under this board and manager you will get your wish - we are going nowhere. I just want an owner who realises that you sometimes have to Invest decent money to succeed and a manager who can be trusted to spend that money wisely.

It would be interesting to see what players Clough would go for if he had money to spend on fees and wages.

It would be interesting to see what players Clough would go for if he had money to spend on fees and wages.

You're right, and I think if we had new owners it would be interesting to see what Clough might be like, though some managers used to wheeling & dealing at a lower level of the transfer market are poor when given large sums - Arthur Cox in the Lionel Pickering era for instance. That said, it would be nice just to see him given the chance for once!

Mostly when we have been in debt the team has been pretty good, and a few times simply fantastic.

I know which one is better for the fans.

Will it be good for the fans if we go for broke and end up in administration?

There are some seriously rose-tinted specs being worn here. People will just moan about the running of the club whatever, whoever etc

Some people just like moaning and I feel sorry for them

Archived