Glick comes out of hiding

Day

He might have been slagged off by some for 'what' he said, I agree, but not for 'when' he said it. That's the difference I think, at least people would have been kept in the loop a bit more.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really like all the spin that Glick has come out with, but if he did come straight out after the sale, no matter what he said there would of been people slag him off for whatever he said, the man has never been able to say anything right for some people and then he gets employed by the champions of England the man must of been doing something right.

He is the mouthpiece of the investors so he is paid to take it. He has done a great job here, anybody else and I think we'd have had a revolution by now. I don't think it'll be lost on the board how crucial it is to find somebody else of a similar calibre. I have a feeling a lot of lesser people would have been ripped apart by now. I can see why City rate him, massive coup for them. Interesting time for Derby in his leaving.

He might have been slagged off by some for 'what' he said, I agree, but not for 'when' he said it. That's the difference I think, at least people would have been kept in the loop a bit more.

Agreed. Selling your best player ain't ever good PR. The timing just tightens the whip hand if anything.

he says in the lynch interview in the DET that we will also look at loans if we can't get perm signings, then in the other one he says the Shackell money will be used for siginings, but if their all going to be loans then we won't be spending that money, so why did we sell shackell?

Also its now clear that Shackell was sold as a strategy.Shackell didn't ask for a move as a means to

get a pay rise as he has been accused of on here.Seems to me that Davenport and others owe Shackell

and the rest of us an apology.

Apology for putting forward a possible scenario - a wee bit sensitive arent we?

Why are people whinging about the timing of the transfer? Rasiak was dreadful timing, Shackell was ideal timing (ignoring the should we have sold him debate, purely from a 'we have time to replace' perspective).

Tom Glick had said for a while that we would sell for the right price, and was hopefully working hard on getting a replacement both for him and Shackell, and possibly gambled on being able to do his 'Sorry we sold Shackell, but here's Fred, cost us a third of the price and will do the same job', it maybe didn't pay off, but I've not seen anything that has overly concerned me.

We clearly need a defender at some point soon, we'll probably start the season with our current defense, so don't throw your toys out if we haven't bought a defender by the Sheff Wed game.

Brayford Buxton OB Roberts

or

Buxton/Naylor Brayford OB Roberts

Isn't the end of the world.

he says in the lynch interview in the DET that we will also look at loans if we can't get perm signings, then in the other one he says the Shackell money will be used for siginings, but if their all going to be loans then we won't be spending that money, so why did we sell shackell?

Firstly, you tend to pay loan fees for the kind of circumstances we are looking at (ie Bueno). And just because it may not be fully invested now doesn't mean it won't be used eventually. (I know I've left that open for word twisted). Did we actually approach Lynch, I haven't seen any direct quotes, just speculation.

Why are people whinging about the timing of the transfer? Rasiak was dreadful timing, Shackell was ideal timing (ignoring the should we have sold him debate, purely from a 'we have time to replace' perspective).

Tom Glick had said for a while that we would sell for the right price, and was hopefully working hard on getting a replacement both for him and Shackell, and possibly gambled on being able to do his 'Sorry we sold Shackell, but here's Fred, cost us a third of the price and will do the same job', it maybe didn't pay off, but I've not seen anything that has overly concerned me.

We clearly need a defender at some point soon, we'll probably start the season with our current defense, so don't throw your toys out if we haven't bought a defender by the Sheff Wed game.

Brayford Buxton OB Roberts

or

Buxton/Naylor Brayford OB Roberts

Isn't the end of the world.

With the season 6 weeks away you dont think we can get another defender in, we have got rid of three now and brought in 1, as well as losing Barker. Yes there is plently of time left, I would worry though if we couldnt and dont bring anyone in before the season starts, and it seems you dont have much confidence if this ?

I agree with you though, that looks a solid Division 2 defence 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

He is the mouthpiece of the investors so he is paid to take it. He has done a great job here, anybody else and I think we'd have had a revolution by now. I don't think it'll be lost on the board how crucial it is to find somebody else of a similar calibre. I have a feeling a lot of lesser people would have been ripped apart by now. I can see why City rate him, massive coup for them. Interesting time for Derby in his leaving.

On what basis do you see he has done a great job?

He has done a great job in media relations and that's what he will be doing at City. I can't see how his performance in any other area though merits such praise.

On what basis do you see he has done a great job?

He has done a great job in media relations and that's what he will be doing at City. I can't see how his performance in any other area though merits such praise.

He's not going to be a media guy at city - hes heading up their commercial revenue department. Getting in sponsorship and maximising the income the club can generate.

Agree, I was just saying no matter what the bloke does, same with Nige with some, he cant do no right, like someone else has already some of the reactions are cringeworthy at best

I actually think he talks a bit of sense in there with the reasoning behind the undisclosed fees and that, but the timing is all wrong, it just is. True whatever he had said would of been passed off as spin by some but for those of us with splinters in our arses it would of been nice to hear this within a day or two of the sale.

He has been in hiding which is very un-Glick like, is he still as interested now the Man City job is a few weeks away? who knows, but I stand by my childish hyperbole thread title.

Fine but I stand by my opinion about it.

When was Shackell sold?

When do you think they would have received all these complaints from fans?

When did he give this interview?

Do you not think he may be a little busy at the moment talking to clubs about potential replacements?

If you can answer those and still come up with a description of him being "in hiding" then fine, we'll agree to disagree.

6 weeks to the start of the new season.

Just under 2 weeks until our first pre-season game.

I'd hope to see players coming in sooner rather than later.

It's all very well saying we've got 6 weeks, but we haven't really. It's surely less than ideal for the players to be bedding in after the season's actually kicked off. They need to be in, and they need to be playing in the friendlies.

In the interview he repeatedly said"we".Also as CEO the buck stops with him.

He always does that, he present a common front at the club, I've often noticed on things which have obvious been Clough decisions that people are criticising

Nice to see you would rather throw the manager to the wolves than Glick

I'm not interested in throwing anyone to the wolves, shame you've already decided someone should be. I'm just putting forward what I believe to be true. If that doesn't fit with your agenda, fine, don't believe it.

Archived