Glick comes out of hiding

Day

Probably having a bad day.You might explain why you didn't express the same wiews about Glick

didn't he jump ship for more cash?

I didn't express any views about Shackell merely that he knew where he stood, and he may have asked for a pay rise or longer contract.

Glick on the other hand was open in his statement about leaving for a bigger challenge and who can blame him.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PWB, fair enough for taking the time to compose a long and thoughtful post.

Just a couple of things, 45% profit is great, but lets not get away from the fact that this player was sold for less than 350k profit (if the reported figures are true), about the same amount that we reportedly lost on Maguire, so it wasnt a great bit of business, unless of course they bring in a player of comparable quality.

People are well entitled to ask for their money back, the club offered this to them, you might not agree with this but to me it seems a strange calling them "drama queens" and "I feel strongly that there are some "fans" who should be really embarassed by their input into this situation." and then saying you wont reply to posters who insult you, have you not just done the same ?

You are right in that come the start of the season, we may have brought in some quality players, but on the other hand this doesnt stop people being entitled to question the reasoning behing the sale of Shackell, I will still be right behind the club during every game, but I can honestly say that having watched them for many a decade, I no longer look forward to the game itself, I have not been entertained recently, and you quite rightly also point out, that we only have 5 players within our squad that are actually worth any money, which sort of goes hand in hand with any good.

I will gladly come on though at the end of the season if we are challenging for the play offs and congralute you though on being right, if this is the case.

The Maguire outgoing transfer fee was from last years budget though LR. I don't know if he has to pay back last years spend before he can buy players this year. The Maguire money incoming would just be added to this years kitty. They were clear that any revenue generated from sales goes back into the pot so I dont think we should factor it as a loss from this years budget, if that makes any sense at all?

I think we started the close season with a budget of zero. Then we got a reported 1.1 for Shacks and 250k for Chris. That's 1.35m in this years transfer pot. No need to take off losses.

On the bolded bit, I didnt say iwouldn't reply, I'll reply to anyone, even those who insult. Just think it's really rude and dismissive if every reply that comes back is calling someone an idiot and I know that personally I react very poorly to those type of posts.

He always does that, he present a common front at the club, I've often noticed on things which have obvious been Clough decisions that people are criticising

I'm not interested in throwing anyone to the wolves, shame you've already decided someone should be. I'm just putting forward what I believe to be true. If that doesn't fit with your agenda, fine, don't believe it.

Agenda?ok I have an agenda.50 years of supporting DCFC Managers come and go boards and

owners the same.Didn't like any of em except BHC,They are all paid to do a job thats it.Succeed and

I will tolerate them fail and they should go.The only part of it that I feel strong emotions is for the club.

However you seem to have an agenda why do you always find an excuse to support the board and the

owners despite all their failings decisions that are totally bizarre in many cases.they can always depend on

you to find an excuse for them.They should sign you on or perhaps they already have?

Agenda?ok I have an agenda.50 years of supporting DCFC Managers come and go boards and

owners the same.Didn't like any of em except BHC,They are all paid to do a job thats it.Succeed and

I will tolerate them fail and they should go.The only part of it that I feel strong emotions is for the club.

However you seem to have an agenda why do you always find an excuse to support the board and the

owners despite all their failings decisions that are totally bizarre in many cases.they can always depend on

you to find an excuse for them.They should sign you on or perhaps they already have?

Where have the board failed? Take Rangers, Portsmouth and any other club that has gone into administration, that is failure. As for decisions, yeah they may seem bizarre to some fans, however we only find out about 10% of the facts.

Personally he should have come out earlier, however I can see why it could have been delayed and seems coincidental that he has made the statement after Lynch decided to join Huddersfield.

The Maguire outgoing transfer fee was from last years budget though LR. I don't know if he has to pay back last years spend before he can buy players this year. The Maguire money incoming would just be added to this years kitty. They were clear that any revenue generated from sales goes back into the pot so I dont think we should factor it as a loss from this years budget, if that makes any sense at all?

I think we started the close season with a budget of zero. Then we got a reported 1.1 for Shacks and 250k for Chris. That's 1.35m in this years transfer pot. No need to take off losses.

On the bolded bit, I didnt say iwouldn't reply, I'll reply to anyone, even those who insult. Just think it's really rude and dismissive if every reply that comes back is calling someone an idiot and I know that personally I react very poorly to those type of posts.

It makes sense, I was just pointing out that the 46% profit is also irrelevant, I would rather they had bought him for 1M and sold him for 1.4M, as that way the pot would have been even bigger, even if the % was lower. To me it seems strange the timing of this, many are saying its because getting the replacement in, but if all reports are true then the player we were looking at bringing in was on a free.

I dont normally get involved much here (just a lurker) but i thought i would have to say something ..

is it just me or maybe im overly optimistic? but reading between the lines of his interview i get the impression that we sold him for quite a bit more than the figure widely quoted .. i seem to remember just a week or so before he was sold the club had confirmed that they had turned down an offer in excess of £1M and that it was nowhere near there valuation .. would seem strange to then sell

him for £1.1M unless they had a replacement lined up who was as good for less money (which he admitted they didnt have)

maybe they are just being shrewd , no point in admitting youve got £1.5-2M in the kitty as any decent player you went after as replacement , their club would want best part of that .. which would obviously make the whole exercise pointless .. upset the balance of the squad and alienate fans at the time of the year when they are buying season tickets ..

think what you like of TG and the yanks they are not stupid and are shrewd business people, albeit f***ing tightwads ..

anyway just my tuppeneth .. i think we need to be patient and see what happens before we make judgement ..

Dave ..

Where have the board failed? Take Rangers, Portsmouth and any other club that has gone into administration, that is failure. As for decisions, yeah they may seem bizarre to some fans, however we only find out about 10% of the facts.

Personally he should have come out earlier, however I can see why it could have been delayed and seems coincidental that he has made the statement after Lynch decided to join Huddersfield.

Well you have totally put me in my place.how can I argue with that logic?you are spot on this board have worked wonders

we have never been in administration since this board took over.

With six weeks till the season starts. Not quite so simple.

I think the timing is perfect. Time to get someone in over the next week or so (even two) and get some pre season time with the team. Timing is a different question to whether he should have been sold...

Would I personally have sold him? Perhaps not, but then I don't know the targets Clough has in mind. If I agree with the people bought in then I think the ends will justify the means. Impossible to say yet, so I'm not going to run round shouting about how angry/disappointed/suicidal I am.

Glick should have spoken earlier, I agree with that. He knows the Derby support well enough to know alot of people were going to be angry about this, it could have been nipped in the bud earlier.

But as I previously stated I fully expect the usual repertoire of excuses and us to have nobody that improves the squad in six weeks, we have seen it time and again...if I am proved wrong I will accept it and take it all back. Guarantee the loan market will be the next thing the supporters are told to hang on for

But as I previously stated I fully expect the usual repertoire of excuses and us to have nobody that improves the squad in six weeks, we have seen it time and again...if I am proved wrong I will accept it and take it all back. Guarantee the loan market will be the next thing the supporters are told to hang on for

I fully expect we'll have a good squad - that's the difference.

With regard to the loan markets, we've already signed one player on a permanent basis and are sniffing round two or three others, so to guarantee we'll be in the loan market seems a bit far off to me. But what do I know.

"We are now in the market negotiating to bring players in. If another club, player or agent has a perception that we have a certain pot of money, that can be used against us."

Yet we sell Shackell for 1.1M when we know Burnley have sold a player for 7M?

I fully expect we'll have a good squad - that's the difference.

With regard to the loan markets, we've already signed one player on a permanent basis and are sniffing round two or three others, so to guarantee we'll be in the loan market seems a bit far off to me. But what do I know.

If u believe that's a good squad that is ur opinion u are entitled to. IMO it is a poor squad made worse by the loss of Green, Shackell, Maguire and now Addison, and Barker thru injury. As for having six weeks left, based on past experience I feel we will be left disappointed by the usual excuses

"We are now in the market negotiating to bring players in. If another club, player or agent has a perception that we have a certain pot of money, that can be used against us."

Yet we sell Shackell for 1.1M when we know Burnley have sold a player for 7M?

rumoured 1.1m not confirmed.

I dont normally get involved much here (just a lurker) but i thought i would have to say something ..

is it just me or maybe im overly optimistic? but reading between the lines of his interview i get the impression that we sold him for quite a bit more than the figure widely quoted .. i seem to remember just a week or so before he was sold the club had confirmed that they had turned down an offer in excess of £1M and that it was nowhere near there valuation .. would seem strange to then sell

him for £1.1M unless they had a replacement lined up who was as good for less money (which he admitted they didnt have)

maybe they are just being shrewd , no point in admitting youve got £1.5-2M in the kitty as any decent player you went after as replacement , their club would want best part of that .. which would obviously make the whole exercise pointless .. upset the balance of the squad and alienate fans at the time of the year when they are buying season tickets ..

think what you like of TG and the yanks they are not stupid and are shrewd business people, albeit f***ing tightwads ..

anyway just my tuppeneth .. i think we need to be patient and see what happens before we make judgement ..

Dave ..

Welcome dave.....

They have failed IMO, I say this looking at DCFC from their perspective. They didn't come over here to plug massive losses every year and talk about FFP. Make no mistake, they expected to be in their counting houses by now. I bet Appleby rues the day he ever set eyes on our club because let us face it, a return on their money looks a million miles away, doesn't it? I believe if FFP is a success and we do in the long term benefit from it, the investors will be glad to wipe their face.

I'd love to have been in that boardroom last year when they loaned us 7M to cover losses. They must've been wondering where it had all gone so wrong. Afterall they're money men and they're not making any. They aren't football men. That is my observation. I'm not sure they knew what they taking on when they started and I bet had they known what they do now they wouldn't be here. We need them to be a success, all I've seen so far is them fail on their initial goal and invent another. Ofcourse a certain Mr Jewell has a lot to answer for too.

If u believe that's a good squad that is ur opinion u are entitled to. IMO it is a poor squad made worse by the loss of Green, Shackell, Maguire and now Addison, and Barker thru injury. As for having six weeks left, based on past experience I feel we will be left disappointed by the usual excuses

I'm waiting to see who we get. You're not. Let's see.

They have failed IMO, I say this looking at DCFC from their perspective. They didn't come over here to plug massive losses every year and talk about FFP. Make no mistake, they expected to be in their counting houses by now. I bet Appleby rues the day he ever set eyes on our club because let us face it, a return on their money looks a million miles away, doesn't it? I believe if FFP is a success and we do in the long term benefit from it, the investors will be glad to wipe their face.

I'd love to have been in that boardroom last year when they loaned us 7M to cover losses. They must've been wondering where it had all gone so wrong. Afterall they're money men and they're not making any. They aren't football men. That is my observation. I'm not sure they knew what they taking on when they started and I bet had they known what they do now they wouldn't be here. We need them to be a success, all I've seen so far is them fail on their initial goal and invent another. Ofcourse a certain Mr Jewell has a lot to answer for too.

I don't think you will be far out with that analysis. I think it is crucial for us as fans and them financially for the future that they replace Glick with an individual with more experienced in how footballers and their agents work.

Of course when you are trying to repair the damage of a manager as wasteful as Jewell, recovery is long term.

(Snipped irrelevant bit)

Oh look. Might the slightest defence of the board and you suggest I work for them. Well done. What a wonderful debater you are.

Should I suggest you're a Forest fan now?

I was also going to ask, which "failing decisions" are these? Your response: -

Well you have totally put me in my place.how can I argue with that logic?you are spot on this board have worked wonders

we have never been in administration since this board took over.

So do you have nothing? If they're that bad you must have little least a few small things to pick on? We're only asking what they are, maybe if you shared them we may join you're board-hating club too, wouldn't that be nice?

Archived