Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

Been looking for Wigan fans view on him, they seem fairly positive in their description!

All think he will do well in the championship, and they have mentioned that he hasn't missed a hatful of chances but just hasn't had the rub of the green as it were and hasn't had them chances.

I would be surprised, but pleased with this signing - they all comment on his work rate, effort, strength, pace and fitness... which is an essential in the championship, doesn't sound like a luke varney type... seems like he'll put himself about!

If this is true and he comes here I think it will be Sammon & Tyson up front. Ward battling with Jacobs for out left and Theo keeping the two strikers on their toes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is my understanding that a deal is imminenet, however Sammon has been unwell over the last few days, so we haven't been able to complete the signing. He's got Salmonella.

So he's ill even before he joins us ? This is very promising.

Tell me you're joking.

I like the sound of Sammon and Theo upfront, but then where does this leave Ward? I'd sooner both him and Jacobs be in the team.

Probably still leaves Ward out wide, up top, in the whole, or wherever he's needed that week. It's Derby, someone will always be injured so this wonderful scenario of being able to pick a team yourself probably won't last long.

Interesting comments about there being a striker, this bit especially

"We have made no secret of the fact we would like to bring at least one (striker) in to help us out, so we will keep pursuing that and see if we can get one in before the weekend.

"There are a few names on the list, either permanent or loans, so we are doing our best."

Derby missed out on signing Sammon from Kilmarnock in January last year.

Wigan landed the player but the 25-year-old has struggled to win a place in their side.

"We like Conor Sammon, even going back 18 months, but until a deal gets done then we do not like talking too much about other team's players," said Clough.

Until a deal gets done!? Sounds like the twitter rumours aren't far off the trail with Percy saying 'poss' this week... I think 2 or 3 names could be signing tomorrow, but perhaps that's blind optimism - the kind of optimism that makes a derby fan like me forgot when I saw Clod put a white shirt on!

Disagree I'm afraid. Hooper, Mackie et al. Clough admitted his interest, but we don't have the ambition to properly speculate in the transfer market

I admire your spirit. But most are made up. You have picked ones that were out our price range at the time.

The made up list is massiver.

Archived