Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy with this signing - not proven one ounce and that is all good for me, don't gee a toss what he did at Wigan, or Kilmarnock but its what he does at Derby being the key...

Hope he does well, good friends with Bryson and was considered the better prospect in Scotland and he just finished our POTY so reserve judgement!

Anything above 800k is probably not worth it, too big a gamble with a budget our size. He's not done anything special for Wigan , but i do believe he could be a good player in this league.

800k gets you nothing with strikers. Everyone proven at this level either gets promoted with their clubs, shoots off to Celtic, or gets snapped up by one of the sugar-daddy clubs like Leicester or Cardiff.

The rest of us have to squabble for the players like Sammon.

High demand, and still not a big supply. £1.2m is probably about right, as ridiculous as it sounds.

Anything above 800k is probably not worth it, too big a gamble with a budget our size. He's not done anything special for Wigan , but i do believe he could be a good player in this league.

Sounds like he has been scouted to the death by nige and co, he wouldn't waste that sort of money unless he was absolutely 100% confident he would return on it, his biggest signings have always been (seemingly) very shrewd and paid off for instance his key 3 signings Barker, Shackell and now Keogh... Bit soon for Keogh but the other 2 were very much worth their weight in gold - I previously stated that a gamble is only made due to poor scouting, if you scout thorough and properly then, you aren't making a gamble because you know what you're buying!

Stats are one thing, watching a player is another - if he can turn Sammon into another Theo, but hopefully better then great!

A big signing for us(if true) but definitely a signing that wouldn't of been taken lightly by anyone at the club, I can guarantee that much!

Archived