Ross Atkins

North_Stand_Ram

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/7875611/

Atkins played 48 games for Albion while on loan at the Pirelli Stadium last season and Brewers boss Gary Rowett is eager to seal another deal for the 22-year-old, who has begun the summer training with the League Two side.

Rowett told BBC Radio Derby: "I have spoken to [Derby manager] Nigel [Clough]. There is an opportunity there and I would like to try to do something.

"But things are not finalised so we will see how that progresses."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watch the trend.....all about consistency.

Atkins good year loan at Burton

Ledzkins 3 months loan to get some "game time"

Deeney in goal for reserves and on bench for 1st team.

Ledzkins sold in Jan window (to make space for journeyman midfielder to cover for awful luck with injuries.)

Fielding gets player of the season for almost single handedly helping us avoid relegation.

Fielding sold to "reshape small squad to make a real challenge for top six" next season

Atkins & Deeney our first choice keepers fighting it out.

"Barkers return like a new million £ signing" makes up for not actually making any moves in the market in summer 2013

"our young squad has really matured over the tough season and we expect to challenge in the top half"

" the new screen now showing reruns of our glory days during the game as a real matchday choice"

Predictable yes. likely yes.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love Saul Deeney's job...he's effectively a pro footballer, without being a pro footballer. Gets to train everyday, the benefits of being a DCFC player, the banter and such with the lads, and never has to prove himself in a real situation. The one time that I can remember he did, he got sent off

Archived