Shackell replacement

-JW-

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it stands, we are going into the season now with Brayford, O'Brien, Buxton and Roberts as our back four. Our US Based chairman thinks we have top 6 capability, and we are selling one of our top players for bugger all.

If any fan out there is not seriously worried about this coming season, then you need to open your eyes.

Jake Buxton...

Not necessarily what I'd go for, but I can see if happening, with a youth prospect coming in under - I've just read we're getting close with Kelvin Mellor from Crewe. The fact is we're hamstrung by wages, and won't pay transfer fees that others will. It even sounds like we'll miss out on Richard Keogh.

For what it's worth I'd be happy enough with two of Buxton/O'Brien/Mellor (if it happens) as our centre half pairing, with Naylor and Brayford able to cover if necessary, and a player from the academy as back up. Even now, I think a left back is a far more urgent than a new centre half.

So if this Mellor is Shackell's replacement we've sold a player who's amassed 276 premiership/championship appearances for one that's played 49. Only 18 of those have been in league football???

Like for like!!!

Doesn't quite work like that all the time, does it? Paul Connolly was vastly more experienced than John Brayford...

Just heard that Joel Lynch was lined up to be Shackells replacement. But FAILED his medical yesterday!!!!!!!!!! The saga goes on.

I would definitely ask for my money back, similar player to Shacks in terms of how he plays and where, also left footed defender but ******* ****!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' /> He was the one I was most worried about coming in all honesty, but hoped/think he wants too much 10k+ I heard his demands are.

Doesn't quite work like that all the time, does it? Paul Connolly was vastly more experienced than John Brayford...

Didnt Brayford play a load of games under Clough at Burton ?

It was not someone he saw a couple of times, he worked with him.

Archived