Euro 2012 final: Spain v Italy

CumbrianRam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Least entertaining champions? Easiest winners more like playing the best football having the best team..

Lap it up haters, Spain are about to make history and you're all just going to have to accept it..

This Spain team will be remember after we're all gone.. Record breakers. Bow down boys

It's going to be a dull final. Spain are actually the most boring side in the tournament and on occasions Italy are the second most boring. I fell asleep during there match in the group stages.

Italy 1-0 (Balotelli) and Spain to play with Fabregas up front *facepalm*

Least entertaining champions? Easiest winners more like playing the best football having the best team..

Lap it up haters, Spain are about to make history and you're all just going to have to accept it..

This Spain team will be remember after we're all gone.. Record breakers. Bow down boys

Bow Down? and Spain haters, really?

I agree with a lot of what you've written this tournament and your post on pedro was spot on but.......you're such a provocative fecker that it's not true.

I cant speak for everyone else but all I want to do is watch a decent final. With a bit of action in it. I wont be remembering this team for the rest of my life cos I dont care how well Spain do. I'm not likely to put their posters up on my wall. i won't be rushing out collecting the stickers to fill my panini album either.

They could have so easily gone out to Croatia Bris or did you miss that match where they were second best for much of the game.

Great team full of great players capable of winning matches at a canter.

I dont hate them but I do hope and think they'll get beat. Lets watch them go one nil down and see them unable to pick up the pace when they need it the most..

Italy 2-0 Spain.

Sorry Bris but I'm old enough to have seen the great Brazilian teams with Pele, Socrates etc and this Spain team bares no comparison. Brazil had all the technical ability that Spain have but set out to entertain as well and were exciting to watch. Yes exciting Bris. I hope you enjoy the final but I'll watch the 'highlights' later.

Exactly, least entertaining. No way am I lapping up a game of sideways passing for 90 minutes before any real desire to break down the opposition defence is shown duuude.

Spain will certainly make history for that. I accept it, I just don't love it maaan.

Bow Down? and Spain haters, really?

I agree with a lot of what you've written this tournament and your post on pedro was spot on but.......you're such a provocative fecker that it's not true.

I cant speak for everyone else but all I want to do is watch a decent final. With a bit of action in it. I wont be remembering this team for the rest of my life cos I dont care how well Spain do. I'm not likely to put their posters up on my wall. i won't be rushing out collecting the stickers to fill my panini album either.

They could have so easily gone out to Croatia Bris or did you miss that match where they were second best for much of the game.

Great team full of great players capable of winning matches at a canter.

I dont hate them but I do hope and think they'll get beat. Lets watch them go one nil down and see them unable to pick up the pace when they need it the most..

Italy 2-0 Spain.

I saw the Croatia game, and Croatia were outplayed until they had a 5 minute spell in the second half.. For the other 85 minutes, Spain were on top creating chances, dominating possession and had Croatia pinned back in their own half.. Their only good chance came when Modric brilliantly broke up play in midfield, darted down the right wing and swung over a brilliant backpost cross.. Other than that, Casillas never touched the ball.. Spain were easily the better team..

You will remember them, because the media won't let you forget them.. In many years time people will still mention the magical Spain side that dominated football for 10 years.. (They'll win the WC in Brazil too)..

The haters are just simply jealous that nothing and no team past or present can stop La Roja... All done by playing a sublime style of football

There haven't been that many entertaining teams to be honest

Poland: Comical way they threw the game away v Greece

Russia: Played well, screwed over by stupid H2H rule and poor shooting v Greece

Greece: Poor team how somehow advanced, though admired their fighting spirit

Czech Republic: Only enterainment came for Cech's errors, out played v Russia, but somehow won the group on a -1 GD

Germany: Great football, great frontline and would have loved them to be in the final but Italy had the tactics spot on

Portugal: Ronaldo blew hot and cold maybe if he didn't hog the free-kicks there may have been a different story, the penalty mix up was almost comical.

Demmark: In a tough group but at least they didn't pick up wooden spoon

Dutch: Played good football, but dire defending and shooting let them down van, Persie also had a shocker.

Ireland: Did well to qualify, but Green and Andrews vs Fabregas and Xavi is only going to lead to one result, did alright v Italy.

Croatia: Would have probably qualified in Group A or D.

Italy: Balotelli as entertaining as ever, Pirlo showing his class

Spain: Not as impressive as in 2008/2010 but still had enough for the final, looked better with Pedro on the pitch, they miss David Villa though.

Sweden: Great performance v French but implosion v England cost them

Ukraine: Did better than I expected, on another day could have gone through

France: DIssapointing, looked good v England, but poor v Sweden and Spain

England: Outplayed in every game they played, but with some luck and good goalkeeping they won the group, somehow got to pens v Italy and got what they deserved in the shootout.

Think Italy will nick it 1-0 in 90 minutes.

Bris, you need to chill a bit mate. Just because some people don't cream their pants at Spain's football it don't make them Spain haters. I would guess that most of us don't really care who wins. You are quite young so i fully understand you think Spain's style is the best ever.

Its not.

Brazil 1958-1970 were far better in every department.

Holland 1974-78 were sublime, total football.

Derby County 1969-1976, virtually unplayable, a team unsurpassed in the history of English football.

just my opinion mind............. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived