Glasgow Rangers - The End

Day

Feel so sorry for their supporters - people who will have spent thousands and thousands following Rangers around Europe, and domestically.

I never agree with punishing a club, and would sooner see individuals reprimanded but understand it's hard to do.

But isn't it going to be pretty exciting to be a Rangers fan? After years of being one of two horses, knowing that you will come first or second in the league, suddenly Rangers fans will have a whole new set of experiences. Promotions, the threat of relegation and trying to qualify for Europe through the cup - making it so much more compelling.

Personally I reckon the fans will have a great time.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eventually a club is run so badly it goes bust, is liquidated. Why should the guys taking just keep the same league position etc...

I doubt really feel sorry for the fans - they have cheered while Rangers were ran into the ground - demanding signings and certain types of players.

Be grateful there is a buyer and have a chance to rebuild

Maybe Derby supporters should be happy with their lot then...

But isn't it going to be pretty exciting to be a Rangers fan? After years of being one of two horses, knowing that you will come first or second in the league, suddenly Rangers fans will have a whole new set of experiences. Promotions, the threat of relegation and trying to qualify for Europe through the cup - making it so much more compelling.

Personally I reckon the fans will have a great time.

They won't ever be fighting a relegation battle, and they are banned from Europe for 3 seasons. I'll give you 'winning' a cup, but they'll be back in the SPL before they are eligible for Europe.

They won't ever be fighting a relegation battle, and they are banned from Europe for 3 seasons. I'll give you 'winning' a cup, but they'll be back in the SPL before they are eligible for Europe.

I'd not heard about the Euro ban, but relegation will be a threat - probably not a big one, but still a threat. If all their existing players leave, which they might rather than play at a real low level. They could be trying to gather a scratch team at the last minute. It all feels a bit like the stories I used to read in football comics.

Anyone remember Leiper the Keeper or Jon Stark?

I'd not heard about the Euro ban, but relegation will be a threat - probably not a big one, but still a threat. If all their existing players leave, which they might rather than play at a real low level. They could be trying to gather a scratch team at the last minute. It all feels a bit like the stories I used to read in football comics.

Anyone remember Leiper the Keeper or Jon Stark?

Who they buy completely depends on season ticket holders. If they still have +30,000 then they'll still have more pull than everyone except Celtic, regardless of division. Rangers are in the blood in nearly half of Scotland. They will hardly be scraping the barrel.

They've got a transfer embargo and it's not rangers this is a completely new club that's why they should start at the bottom but because they're still known as the rangers they bring money to every club in Scotland so looks like they will start in div 1 lucky cants

You have to find it amusing - fans of the smaller clubs insisting that their clubs vote against letting Rangers into any league other than the lowest tier - yet they'll be the first ones moaning when their respective clubs go bust.

Most clubs in Scotland have very little anyway - with or without Rangers - its actually quite refreshing that fans of nearly all the other clubs, some of whom will have a fondness for Rangers no doubt, seem to want a message to be sent about cheating.

At the end of the day Rangers won trophies over the last 10 years by cheating

If football ends up a fraction "cleaner" after this then some good will come out of it. Rangers will be back to their 2 horse race with Celtic in a few years and the smaller clubs will still be skint, whatever happens.

They only have 6 players on there books now. They will struggle to do anything, even with 40 ofd thousand.

And the REAL downer is that the horrible bunch from the other side of Rangers have now got it all sewn up!

Would be good if they were next - wonder what TV revenue will be like without Rangers.

They only have 6 players on there books now. They will struggle to do anything, even with 40 ofd thousand.

And the REAL downer is that the horrible bunch from the other side of Rangers have now got it all sewn up!

Why are they so horrible yet Rangers arent?

Im glad Rangers have got done, they cheated basically and fell foul when its gone wrong. They will be back but its nice to see a bit of punishment laid out

Are there any other countries in the world that are split beyond their governance when it comes to competitive sport? I can't think of any other than our home nations.

Also I often wonder how Catalonia would do if they competed in football as an independent nation. Considering they have Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas I don't think it would be too shabby.

They do, from time to time, compete against the Basque area of Spain and have freindlies with other countries which have FAs naughty enough to do it. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia_national_football_team]http://en.wikipedia....l_football_team

Funny how it all pans out.

Archived