Froch world champion again

p.shilton

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Bump.

Just out of interest do you lot support Carl? Even if he is a Forest fan and a Nottingham lad, he's a cracking boxer.

Not too many British talents to get behind these days with Amir getting his arse handed to him and the Haye/Chisora debacle..

Good boxer but runs his mouth abit too much, got a lot more to do untill he becomes as good as calzaghe etc.

Amir I like Still young with lots of time on his hands he boxes and brawls which I like, as for haye lost all respect for his ability after the klitchsko fight and him whinging about his toe, and I have never like chisora

He is a knob, you DON'T tell people you are a Legend, you wait for other people to say they think you are one.

A matter of opinion I suppose but a lot of modern boxing is about arrogance- People who took exception to it will watch his fights to see him get beaten + People who like him and think he is a legend will watch his fights to see him win = £££££££££££££££££

• 3 months later...

I like him, runs his mouth alot but so do most boxers, atleast he's having success while doing so. Not as good as he thinks he is I suspect, but still a cracking boxer. I cheer him on when he fights, couldn't care less if he is a Forest fan.

No idea on Bute's record or how good he is (not a clue who he is really, don't watch Froch's weight level much) but i'll support Froch as soon as the first round begins i'm sure.

Wasn't he in line to be Forest new striker until the arabs came in? He lined up in their new kit for them.

Anyway, as for Froch, nothing would make me happier than seeing anyone, and I mean anyone sitting on top of him hammer punching his face until he was knocked out... a prize ***** that comes across as cheap and tactful.

• 3 weeks later...
Froch is not even a forest fan!!

my dad used to drink in his mothers boozer...doesnt like football...only took on the mantle of 'fans favourite' to get a few more to his fights...

This. Called us notts forest once on the radio, just a gimmick to sell more seats I think.

Still, nice to see a world champion with our crest on his shorts..

I like him as a fighter but he's far too arrogant as a person.. I know Boxers are arrogant (or just extremely confident) but I don't like how he pitches in on other fighters and advises them for future fights.. Calling out others to retire or how they should do this and that.. It's all well and good analysing other fighters but he talks about it as if he's the king of the sport.. What he never admits is his weight division is a really poor standard.. Just like the heavyweight division.. It's once Champion and then the rest aren't at that level.. (Ward and the Klitchkos just dominate)

He got battered by Ward.. He didn't get knocked out, but that doesn't tell the difference in ability and class between certain fighters.. Anyone can land that one punch.. Anyone..

Ward was better than Froch in all aspects of the fight.. And if they fight again, Froch will have to stop him (which he won't) otherwise he'll just comfortably lose on points again.. Ward is a beast..

British fighters in general should make the move over to America.. This is the boxing world right here.. The best boxers (outside the heavyweight division) is here in the Americas.. The US, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Mexico, Aregentina.. They all have awesome boxers and there needs to be more fights here.. Kell Brook for one is wasting his time over in the UK and in Europe.. There are many better fighters here and the money to be earned is far greater here..

Archived