Froch world champion again

p.shilton

I like him as a fighter but he's far too arrogant as a person.. I know Boxers are arrogant (or just extremely confident) but I don't like how he pitches in on other fighters and advises them for future fights.. Calling out others to retire or how they should do this and that.. It's all well and good analysing other fighters but he talks about it as if he's the king of the sport.. What he never admits is his weight division is a really poor standard.. Just like the heavyweight division.. It's once Champion and then the rest aren't at that level.. (Ward and the Klitchkos just dominate)

He got battered by Ward.. He didn't get knocked out, but that doesn't tell the difference in ability and class between certain fighters.. Anyone can land that one punch.. Anyone..

Ward was better than Froch in all aspects of the fight.. And if they fight again, Froch will have to stop him (which he won't) otherwise he'll just comfortably lose on points again.. Ward is a beast..

British fighters in general should make the move over to America.. This is the boxing world right here.. The best boxers (outside the heavyweight division) is here in the Americas.. The US, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Mexico, Aregentina.. They all have awesome boxers and there needs to be more fights here.. Kell Brook for one is wasting his time over in the UK and in Europe.. There are many better fighters here and the money to be earned is far greater here..

Have you met him?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have once and thought he was ok. Did he come across as arrogant?

No.. I probably used the wrong words.. I'm sure he's a nice guy with his mates, that's natural.. Even the most arrogant guys can be nice people around those close to them..

I should have put he's arrogant in his workplace.. Or more in the media.. I can look beyond the 'I'm going to take him out early' kind of talk before boxing matches.. It's all done to promote a fight and perhaps put fear into opponents.. I just didn't like the way he was talking about fellow British boxers and acting as an advisor for future fights or what they should do..

I think people recognise him as the number one pound for pound British boxer but that isn't saying much as we don't have many current world champions.. I don't know whether this has gone to his head but when on the subject of Boxing he talks like he's a great and talks down about fellow boxers (those who aren't even in his weight class)

No.. I probably used the wrong words.. I'm sure he's a nice guy with his mates, that's natural.. Even the most arrogant guys can be nice people around those close to them..

I should have put he's arrogant in his workplace.. Or more in the media.. I can look beyond the 'I'm going to take him out early' kind of talk before boxing matches.. It's all done to promote a fight and perhaps put fear into opponents.. I just didn't like the way he was talking about fellow British boxers and acting as an advisor for future fights or what they should do..

I think people recognise him as the number one pound for pound British boxer but that isn't saying much as we don't have many current world champions.. I don't know whether this has gone to his head but when on the subject of Boxing he talks like he's a great and talks down about fellow boxers (those who aren't even in his weight class)

Ok. How did you meet him and what was he like?

Bris,

If you offered kel brook and more importantly eddie hearn a fight in america he would be there,

but getting that payday over there isnt all that easy!!

kel brook has already said he wants to fight there, they all know thats where the money is..

as for froch, well last interview I saw he was saying how everybody in britain should watch him as when he loses its only points he never gets knocked out!!

Still dont like him far far too arrogant, like you said its not just for promo he acts like he is the be all and end all of british boxing

• 2 weeks later...

He's a fookin knob!

He's a really nice guy - for a Florist, and I can say that even though Froch defeated my cousin's son for the British and Commonwealth super-middleweight titles a few years ago.

I do understand your sentiments though. I spent a few months in Chorley in the 1980's. It was like a life sentence.

British fighters in general should make the move over to America.. This is the boxing world right here.. The best boxers (outside the heavyweight division) is here in the Americas.. The US, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Mexico, Aregentina.. They all have awesome boxers and there needs to be more fights here.. Kell Brook for one is wasting his time over in the UK and in Europe.. There are many better fighters here and the money to be earned is far greater here..

Take the little 'uns out of it from Bantamweight down (because who cares really?), and I bet there's more Europeans in the top 20 rankings at each weight than fighters from the Americas. Include the old USSR and it'll be 2-1 Europeans. More money is right for sure, but strength in depth of opposition I'd suggest is stronger in Europe. Either way, the cream always rises to the top.

Froch was unlucky/lucky that Calzaghe retired without fighting him. Lucky because Calzaghe would have had too much for him IMO, but unlucky because without having fought him Froch will never get the recognition his skills probably deserve, even if he can avenge the Ward (probably not) and Kessler (probably would) fights.

Archived