Suggested England starting team

ramexpat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People say Rooney is our only world class player yet, Ashley Cole is still one of the best left backs in the world and Joe Hart is easilly one of the in-form keepers of this season.

Moi team:

-------------------------Hart---------------------------

---Walker----Cahill----------Terry------A.Cole---

-----------------------Parker--------------------------

------------Gerrard-----------Lamps----------------

----Sturridge-----------------------------A.Young--

-----------------Welbeck/Rooney-------------------

Subs:

Ox

Garry Barry

Smalling

Jones

Ol' Greasy ead' (Carroll)

But if I was Roy, I'd play Yaya Toure and Gareth Bale.

...............................Hart .........................

.................Cahill............................Lescott...........

Richards...................Barry.........................Baines....(bout time someone else had a chance...coles been there forever.)

........................Parker ( no wiltshere available)...............

Young...................................................................A Johnson (fresh from bench warming)

..............Walcott...................................Sturridge (until rooneys back...if he int performing)

reckon they want to try something new really.... and i'd avoid taking the 'big dogs' terry...lampard...gerrard etc... not because theyre **** or owt but because they need to build a newish team, theyve got to think of the future with this cup and it'd effing rubbish if they pulled a AVB on hodgson at the tournament...or a liverpool for that matter... they need a few players that play regularly together... hence 3 city players at the back... he should be allowed to pick players on the merit of the season....so grant holt should go in squad in my opinion... got a fine bench there too...rodwell(if he's fit?) jones welbeck .....personally i think osman has done enough to be a consideration for the squad...... sneak Arteta in the team bag?

For me this tournament should be a great chance to give the younger players experience a chance to play at a major tournament, so if I was in charge my starting 11 would be

Gk-Hart

RB-Walker

CB-Richards

CB-Jagielka

LB-Cole

DM-Cleverly

DM-Milner

AM-Oxlade-Chamberlain

RW-Walcott

LW-Young

ST-Carroll

At least for the 1st couple of games then put Rooney in for whoever had the worst games out of the attacking 4. Obviously Wilshere would have been in as would Huddlestone if they were both fit for Milner and Cleverly.

Has oxlade chamberlain really proven himself good enough for englands first 11 or are people wummin? not seen him play but for an attack minded winger in an international side I would hope for a better record.

but as I said never seen him play! for instance what has he done differently say to Anthony Pilkington at Nowrich? who both have had 1 season in the prem but Pilkington has a much better record?

Has oxlade chamberlain really proven himself good enough for englands first 11 or are people wummin? not seen him play but for an attack minded winger in an international side I would hope for a better record.

but as I said never seen him play! for instance what has he done differently say to Anthony Pilkington at Nowrich? who both have had 1 season in the prem but Pilkington has a much better record?

OX-C looks very good when ive seen him play on telly... direct... kind of fearless.... and wenger often takes him off just as he's settled into a game.... i cant understand why people want to take cleverly... if he wasnt at utd i dont thinkk folk would think he's done nearly enough... bad luck with injury this year but he defo hant played enough for me... bout 6 or 7 games or so

For me this tournament should be a great chance to give the younger players experience a chance to play at a major tournament, so if I was in charge my starting 11 would be

Gk-Hart

RB-Walker

CB-Richards

CB-Jagielka

LB-Cole

DM-Cleverly

DM-Milner

AM-Oxlade-Chamberlain

RW-Walcott

LW-Young

ST-Carroll

At least for the 1st couple of games then put Rooney in for whoever had the worst games out of the attacking 4. Obviously Wilshere would have been in as would Huddlestone if they were both fit for Milner and Cleverly.

how come cleverly to start...?

Not had a full season so won't suffer from fatigue, very composed on the ball, the best young english cm that is fit. All IMO of course.

fair enough...ive only seen bits and bobs... he was much hyped up before the injury...i'd take him in the squad... maybe... wild card i reckon... especially with wiltshere out... i think theres players who deserve their chance more though

fair enough...ive only seen bits and bobs... he was much hyped up before the injury...i'd take him in the squad... maybe... wild card i reckon... especially with wiltshere out... i think theres players who deserve their chance more though

Who would you say?

Who would you say?

not sure really... he's supposed to be an intellegent player..is that right...? think i'd keep Barry in the holding role...i know he's boring but potentially he's played in a title winning team all season ( then i see your point about fatigue) and id try to use players that are used to playing together.. help wit ode team vibe...you have him at DM.. for me its parker or barry... i think milner is overrated too but then he'll have fresh legs and all...AM i'd bloody love to see osman get a shout... maybe in the friendly to see what happens... he knows how team play works playing at everton.. he's worked hard forever and if he were at spurs or liverpool or even newcastle.. i think he'd be looked at... what dyou think... am i talking guff? ps id keep oxlade-c ont wing mind... and as weve no strikers of real peeernash be tempted to move walcott upfront...devastating on the counter with that pace

not sure really... he's supposed to be an intellegent player..is that right...? think i'd keep Barry in the holding role...i know he's boring but potentially he's played in a title winning team all season ( then i see your point about fatigue) and id try to use players that are used to playing together.. help wit ode team vibe...you have him at DM.. for me its parker or barry... i think milner is overrated too but then he'll have fresh legs and all...AM i'd bloody love to see osman get a shout... maybe in the friendly to see what happens... he knows how team play works playing at everton.. he's worked hard forever and if he were at spurs or liverpool or even newcastle.. i think he'd be looked at... what dyou think... am i talking guff? ps id keep oxlade-c ont wing mind... and as weve no strikers of real peeernash be tempted to move walcott upfront...devastating on the counter with that pace

He is an intelligent player, uses the ball wisely. Very simple and direct. I have picked a starting 11 with the World Cup in mind, Barry won't/shouldn't be involved in Brazil so I would omit him the same with gerrard lampard terry rio etc and why I have put the team I have.

He looks quality and if he had the same amount of playing time as Pilkington, chamberlain would a better record

He is an intelligent player, uses the ball wisely. Very simple and direct. I have picked a starting 11 with the World Cup in mind, Barry won't/shouldn't be involved in Brazil so I would omit him the same with gerrard lampard terry rio etc and why I have put the team I have.

fair do's...reckon they'll need an experienced head in there as well though.... but agreed... BIG SHOTS OUT

Hart

Walker

Cole

Jagielka

Lescott

Parker

Jones

Gerrard

Sturridge

Young

Wellbeck

Carroll, johnson Walcott, lampard, Richards, Cahill, foster (if available)

Centre half is the main controversy but I just don't think we need the Terry circus, rio is not what he was and lescott and jags know each other and what they lack individually they make up as a partnership. Formation 4-2-3-1, with Rooney he would replace jones and go 4-4-2, or welbeck and stay the same. Jones has lacked a bit of form but I think he offers a good option in this formation and can also be effective going forward. He will be around for a while so would be a good experience, shame welsher is injured and it's a bit soon for ox

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/12/roy-hodgson-england-euro-2012-squad{]...'>http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/12/roy-hodgson-england-euro-2012-squad{]... dont agree with this squad... especially as at least 2 of these players are likely to be injured if not already. i wish i had that guys job.... basically the same as writting on here but getinng paid for it http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/12/roy-hodgson-england-euro-2012-squad

Archived