Rams in 40 years time.

Smyth_18

With it being 40 years since we were the champions of England with Clough.

What do you expect to see happen to football and Derby in 40 years time. Obviously its impossible to predict, but some of you may have your own theories on what could happen. If any of you are right in your predictions i will give you a like. (in 2052.)

Will all clubs be run by billionaires?

Will something drastic happen where everybody can be on a level playing field?

Will England be world champs at some point?

Will television take over and we have silly little leagues?

Will Kevin Poole still be playing?

Will Hughes?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With it being 40 years since we were the champions of England with Clough.

What do you expect to see happen to football and Derby in 40 years time. Obviously its impossible to predict, but some of you may have your own theories on what could happen. If any of you are right in your predictions i will give you a like. (in 2052.)

Will all clubs be run by billionaires?

No, don't think so. However I think that they will be run by larger companies, so you could see Disney or Universal owning a club.

Will something drastic happen where everybody can be on a level playing field?

I think something will have to give, the industry is growing, however its poorly run. I could see it turning into a system like American football

Will England be world champs at some point?

Will television take over and we have silly little leagues?

They have already, think the leagues will get smaller and more european / world club football could emerge.

Will Kevin Poole still be playing?

His son will be

Will Hughes?

Will.i.am

I don't think football will last that long as the nation's favourite sport, unfortunately. Maybe we'll be the best team in the country but no one will care...

Mason Bennett could be our manager though as we push to enter the European super league. The super league will be based around 20 minute games, using two footballs.

It will be like what the Twenty20 game is to cricket.

I don't think football will last that long as the nation's favourite sport, unfortunately. Maybe we'll be the best team in the country but no one will care...

Mason Bennett could be our manager though as we push to enter the European super league. The super league will be based around 20 minute games, using two footballs.

Interesting views. What will be the nations favourite sport then?

As far as football history goes i think its been the nations favourite??

Interesting views. What will be the nations favourite sport then?

As far as football history goes i think its been the nations favourite??

Football has been going on since the 14th century, and at various points other sports have had more popularity, such as dog fighting, cricket and throwing rotten tomatoes at the village idiot.

I reckon the number 1 sport will be a new invention that we can't play easily now. Aero Volleyball? Robot wars?

Or maybe we'll seen a sudden rise in the popularity of dodgeball, rounders, handball or windsurfing.

Or if the gulf stream melts and we become a Scandinavian country we'll all do bobsleigh.

well i will be in my mid 90's but given that the average age of the general population is rising rapidly - medical science and all that - i will still be taking my son to see the mighty rams; we will still have season tickets that thanks to the largesse of the American owners will cost $900 each though mine will be discounted by 50%.

there will be a European super league with no promotion or relegation. Derby will never have played in it. There will be a top tier of 15 clubs which we will be in along with Crawley Town, Everton and Aston Villa amongst others. We will have been in at least two other leagues in the 20 years since the European league was first introduced and we will still not have won the bloody FA Cup since 1946.

Kick offs will be at 11.30 am on Saturdays and Sundays so as not to rub up against the European league matches on TV and televison will completely rule the roost (no change there then). UEFA will ring the Universe Corporation every season to see what time the TV cameras can get there. Other footie will then fit in around it. Average attendance at the recent Chelski v Barca match was 10,000 with 250m watching on the telly or their mobile devices.

The european champions league cup will be open to every team in the European league, whether champions or not. The definition of European will have been stretched to add some interest of an increasingly boring product so that clubs from around the world can join in. Dynamo Johannesburg will have won the thing several times already.

Sir Brian's grandson will be the third generation of Cloughies to manage the mighty Rams but will be wary of the great shadow cast by his Dad who won leagues and cups - but not the bloody FA Cup!

Just outside the playoffs with people still calling for cloughs head.

The 10 year plan taking a bit longer than expected, average wage of players is 5 quid.

....And Forest merged with County playing in Bet Fred Bingo league

I think you're expecting more change than there will be. It's like when people thought by the year 2000 there'd be hover cars, not happening very soon. People tend to overestimate the speed of change.

I think you're expecting more change than there will be. It's like when people thought by the year 2000 there'd be hover cars, not happening very soon. People tend to overestimate the speed of change.

Well I was going for a more tongue-in-cheek response to a tongue-in-cheek thread.

If we're being serious then there'll be a European Super League and China will be the number 1 world economy, that's it. Thread closed 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

The Rams will be in MLS and "soccer" will still not be considered a sport on the "rise" and soon to be the #1 sport in the US according to experts.(soccer is still barely in top 10 at this time)

After you lot have intorduced quarters, overtime (like in Ice Hockey) and the 3rd goal.

we'll all have hover cars, the French will invade and conquer, Baseball will be the national game, Everything will have changed but I still won't understand how the the party that cam 3rd in the election was allowed to take joint office..............

we'll all have hover cars, the French will invade and conquer, Baseball will be the national game, Everything will have changed but I still won't understand how the the party that cam 3rd in the election was allowed to take joint office..............

The French? Invade? Conquer? That seems...unlikely.

Archived