Derby County v Peterborough United.

CumbrianRam

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough may well be looking at a player like Carroll for next season so wants to see how that affects the balance of the team, clearly Clough sees something in his type of game. Nothing game really so roll on next season.

My dad had a good laugh at me. I was clapping and cheering when Hughes went off, thought he was great, then as soon as I noticed Carroll step on the pitch I sat down in utter silence. Complete automatic response...but nearly all of the people around me did the same. Sorry Carroll, Nigel's consistently wrong decisions to play you were a mistake. I don't hate you, just hope I never see you in a Derby shirt again. Good Luck elsewhere though.

in clough's interview on radio derby - i'm sure he says something about hughes starting next season

i thought he was very impressive

his set pieces were good too.

i liked the way for a slight bloke he rode challenges and kept the ball.

Legzdins 6 - No-mans land for the goal. Can't remember him catching the ball once. I don't think he's going to challenge for the first team too soon.

Brayford 7 - Played their scorer onside. Great going forward. The old Brayford we used to love is back!

Buxton 8 - Solid. Went out of position to break up play a couple of times and did it excellently. Can put a good attacking ball in. I'm glad he's got the opportunity to impress next season. Just shame about the circumstances.

Shackell 8 - Very Solid as always. He'll want promotion next season though.

Roberts 8 - Love the guy. Clears the ball, no bullsh!t player.

Hughes 9 - Fantastic! Didn't pass the ball backwards ONCE! Where has he been all season!! Ha. I can't wait to see him in the first team next season, he made the game really worth watching. I wish he'd won MotM.

Bryson 9 - Went for the win. He made it clear on Rams Player he was going to give it the beans, and he did. Deserved MotM.

Hendrick 7 - A couple of excellent runs. Though he's too light weight, watches the ball without doing anything. Can really pass the ball when he's up for it. I look forward to seeing him progress.

Tyson 6 - Erm, useless? He's fast, and thats about it. One awesome good cross in the second half, should have been put in. I wanted him to get his first goal today, but I could never see it coming. Unless he improves massively, I'll be wanting him out of the first team next season.

Savies 7 - Passing was really poor. Still looked dangerous but not his best game.

Robinson 8- Won a header today! Went down injured for a minute afterwards, but well done Theo! Seemed a different player, first touch was quality (for Theo's standard). Hope he has a good summer.

Hughes today for me was man of the match . First time ive seen him and a very good performance !

Agreed, Clough probably said give motm to Bryson, dont want Hughes to grab the headlines and let the big boys start sniffing.

Remember last couple of seasons at the end when we played the likes of Pringle and Doyle and these players were supposed to be the future of DCFC, whereas today we had Hughes and Bennett as the future and that in itself shows how much the club is progressing.

Niall from 1D was there today, some teenagers outside the ground, thought they were for mason and will, but no.. Anyhow, my lovely niece was outside, getting some photo's and apparently, the players were all going to LEEDS for their night out...........BBBOOOOOOO

Saturday was my first visit to Pride Park for some years - because, though I live in the heart of Derbyshire I come from another part of the country so support another club - and I just want to pass on to all of you this observation (apart from the one which goes: in Will Hughes you have a 17-year-old near-genius who will make you a whole load of money and go on to be an international footballer of great renown):

I was sat with a 64 yo Derby hardcore fan whose first game was in 1956 and I said to him near the end of the lap of honour, "where thee'ell were that lot during the game?! If they'd made that noise during the game you'd have won easy." And you would have done: in effect your team had virtually no vocal encouragement from kick-off to final whistle.

It was a real shock to realise what a dismal herd of 27,000 fans the Derby faithful are. If you want a great next season and a great future, all you fans on this forum need to do everything you can to stop being down in the mouth and sulky, inviting accusations of being fickle, and waken yourselves up!!!!: be proper fans and make some noise, encourage your team!

Yes, you need a striker or two as well, but really, I mean to say, the lack of volume during the match was shameful!

WHAT'S UP WITH YOU?

RRR

Archived