Derby County v Peterborough United.

CumbrianRam

Saturday was my first visit to Pride Park for some years - because, though I live in the heart of Derbyshire I come from another part of the country so support another club - and I just want to pass on to all of you this observation (apart from the one which goes: in Will Hughes you have a 17-year-old near-genius who will make you a whole load of money and go on to be an international footballer of great renown):

I was sat with a 64 yo Derby hardcore fan whose first game was in 1956 and I said to him near the end of the lap of honour, "where thee'ell were that lot during the game?! If they'd made that noise during the game you'd have won easy." And you would have done: in effect your team had virtually no vocal encouragement from kick-off to final whistle.

It was a real shock to realise what a dismal herd of 27,000 fans the Derby faithful are. If you want a great next season and a great future, all you fans on this forum need to do everything you can to stop being down in the mouth and sulky, inviting accusations of being fickle, and waken yourselves up!!!!: be proper fans and make some noise, encourage your team!

Yes, you need a striker or two as well, but really, I mean to say, the lack of volume during the match was shameful!

WHAT'S UP WITH YOU?

RRR

Some very good points. Unfortunatly you will always get some fans that are never satisfied while others take the positives.

As for atmosphere at the ground I totally agree, however I think that will be addressed next year when they move the away fans to the corner, as it currently stands 500 away supporters can make a lot of noise from that position.

Also add to the fact it was a bit of a dead rubber game, however as you stated the positive is Will Hughes.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday was my first visit to Pride Park for some years - because, though I live in the heart of Derbyshire I come from another part of the country so support another club - and I just want to pass on to all of you this observation (apart from the one which goes: in Will Hughes you have a 17-year-old near-genius who will make you a whole load of money and go on to be an international footballer of great renown):

I was sat with a 64 yo Derby hardcore fan whose first game was in 1956 and I said to him near the end of the lap of honour, "where thee'ell were that lot during the game?! If they'd made that noise during the game you'd have won easy." And you would have done: in effect your team had virtually no vocal encouragement from kick-off to final whistle.

It was a real shock to realise what a dismal herd of 27,000 fans the Derby faithful are. If you want a great next season and a great future, all you fans on this forum need to do everything you can to stop being down in the mouth and sulky, inviting accusations of being fickle, and waken yourselves up!!!!: be proper fans and make some noise, encourage your team!

Yes, you need a striker or two as well, but really, I mean to say, the lack of volume during the match was shameful!

WHAT'S UP WITH YOU?

RRR

This is one of the reasons that I take 1st timer potential Rams fans to away games.....

Archived